Thread: starting month

Default starting month

i guess i kinda know the answer... but why cant i just pick my starting month? if i dont get what i want i just kep doing it over and over until i do get it... its pretty annoying since sometimes i have to roll 30 times to get the month i want. yeah i provides a certain randomness to the game, but if i want the month of the tree, im going to get it one way or another, one way just takes more time

yeah, it's a pretty old relic of older times. though I'd say the influence of starsigns generally is small enough you can just roll with anything as anyone. only two exceptional ones - Candle and Raven - are imho the only ones worth repedately trying for, and only then only for certain [read: hard] combinations

I mostly use the the randomness induced by the star sign as an inspiration for what to play next (melee or caster), but if you have your eyes set on a specific one I'd suggest you play on the server. It lets you choose your star sign each time.
    Last edited by Cactus; 01-22-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlrommel View Post
    if i want the month of the tree, im going to get it one way or another, one way just takes more time
    I agree, and that's why I used the starsign selector program... until changes on R50 and above broke it.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by fmlrommel View Post
    if i want the month of the tree, im going to get it one way or another, one way just takes more time
    I find it amusing that you are unwilling to have any other star sign besides tree (at least in this example) because it's all about inflexibility.

i wanted tree for a mindcrafter. it would be nice to see an option for selecting a month or random. im with cactus in that, sometimes i like the month to inspire what character i wanna play. but when i wanna play a certain character, i dont really wanna mess around with reroll 50 times...

Are all starsigns equally (un)common?

In the old times, it was mentioned that ADOM Deluxe would get an option to choose your star sign at birth. I hope this will still be implemented in the Steam version.
    You feel excited. You die.

Like others have said, I go with the flow and make a character based on the starsign I get. I may not be too interested initially and just leave them saved for later and start another soon after, if I have a hankering for a particular playstyle (melee, ranged, magic, summoning/pets)