Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad luck turnaround, choice of weapon and wish.

Holy, had close call with cat lord, 8 cats dead, I'll be more careful next time.
    Cost me 3xhealing and 2 healing prayers.
    He also shrugged all 4 charges on my wand of para.

Lvl below cat lord is damn difficult, in my successful game I had black unicorns, in this game it was a room with Titans, I'm barely able to take care of them with help of kiting but I burn through a lot of ammo. If I can take them out they will net me several levels.

So should I update the wiki page?
    "Eating titans increases Strength and Toughness by one point each. "
    Doesn't seem to work when stats are at 28 or higher.

rip
    The titan critically hits you. The titan hits you. You loose blood! The titan hits you. You die...

That was with 43 PV with around 300 hps.
    A quarrel earlier also did crit me for about 300 and I went down to 1 hp! (maybe 2xlucky/2xfate smiles saved me there?)

Got 17 Titans before this one freaked out

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    rip
    The titan critically hits you. The titan hits you. You loose blood! The titan hits you. You die...

That was with 43 PV with around 300 hps.
    A quarrel earlier also did crit me for about 300 and I went down to 1 hp! (maybe 2xlucky/2xfate smiles saved me there?)

Got 17 Titans before this one freaked out
    Yeah, titans are dangerous. Then imagine a greater titan. Use slaying ammo, darkness, or teleport, or paralysis, or thrown potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Yeah, titans are dangerous. Then imagine a greater titan. Use slaying ammo, darkness, or teleport, or paralysis, or thrown potions.
    I did but I didn't have that many giant slayers, and since they did similar damage ranged as in close combat .... well not when raged of course.
    I should probably have gone down (stairs were visible) and dealt with easier stuff below but I wasn't doing bad so ...

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    I did but I didn't have that many giant slayers, and since they did similar damage ranged as in close combat .... well not when raged of course.
    They don't shoot you three times a round.

Although missile crits are better than mellee char gets saving throw if at reasonably high health percentage[all these times chars end on 1hp apparently not blind luck]. Mellee crit, followed by another hit however might just be the end of char.