Thread: minotaur maze

Default minotaur maze

So, I got this char in mino maze and it gave me wibes/flashbacks of bardstale (the ooold versions).
    I need some advice how to find bottom.
    I read the wiki but I didn't understand that guidance.

Are the levels in order ie correct levels, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or can the correct path be up and down like 1,2a,3a,2b,3b,4a,5a,4c,5b,6,7 ?

Another option is to just get back up, call me old and impatient but scouting all levels is just not fun.

Get a pen and paper, make a note of the level number and layout (I do a quick sketch of where the stairs are), and join these to show which staircase leads to which level. I've only done it a couple of times but IME it can be "up and down", but maybe I just didn't find the fastest route.

Alternatively get hold of lots of ?oMM.

Don't underestimate how much food you are going to need - I went in with ~100 blessed lizards and had to make a hasty retreat.
    Gate closers: L+ DE Mindcrafter (p20), N= Gnomish Assasin (p20), N= Gnomish Mindcrafter (p23), N= Ratling Ranger (R49)

generally what I found out personally - have controlled teleportis, decent amount of food and high luck. leave more precious equipment behind if you don't want it destroyed. Then bruteforce the thing with w+direction. Works 10/10 times, seems tedious at first but is actually less so than mapping out the whole thing and 's'earching every square for traps.