Thread: Auto_Pickup

Default Auto_Pickup

Is it true that Auto_Pickup does not properly differentiate between rocks and gems?

edit: Actually, I guess if missiles are specified for autopickup, rocks fall into that category. Very bad, since retrieving arrows and quarrels is the main thing autopickup should do, but not every pile of rocks the PC comes across.
    Last edited by Andy Williams; 07-17-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

If you use autopickup to pick missiles (or any other stuff) you should be very careful. Picking up item(s) with autopickup doubles the energy cost of your action.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Picking up item(s) with autopickup doubles the energy cost of your action.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. It doesn't seem to be in the manual. It should definitely be in the GB.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    If you use autopickup to pick missiles (or any other stuff) you should be very careful. Picking up item(s) with autopickup doubles the energy cost of your action.
    Well actually if you are beastfighter with 7LB you save time [rather neergy] picking up stuff with autopickup. basically you get movement discount for picking action.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

In my experience rocks fall into both the / and * categories for auto_pickup, which is obviously extremely annoying. Same for huge rocks too. I personally consider auto_pickup as it stands to be a nuisance and possibly extremely dangerous. It should definitely always be turned off when fleeing a monster.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I personally consider auto_pickup as it stands to be a nuisance and possibly extremely dangerous. It should definitely always be turned off when fleeing a monster.
    Personally i play with it on most of time.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Personally i play with it on most of time.
    As do I. I just set it to pick up everything I see, with the result that most of the time I'm going around Strained or Strained! with 1001 pieces of useless armor and broken swords.

This does mean I get a good buck or two when selling my junk to the shops, which is always nice