Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to GUV?

Default how to GUV?

Hi guys,

What's the best way to tackle a GUV as a ME Wizard? should i try to spellcast them, or would i still be better killing king and emperor liches with undead slaying ammo? there are a lot of them liches there, i think 9 emperors, not even sure if i have enough ammo for all of them.

I let them close, thinking that 85 dv would be enough to avoid stat drains, but apparently it isn't.

Thanks in advance for the input.

High radius fireball, preferably with access blocked by fire immune monster [fire beatles ideally].

i have only 33 Wi, this means i would have to kill them one by one.

Use scrolls of familiar summoning in DH2 until you get GEE.
    Order it to slay all liches, collect the artifacts, move on.

You can also lure them into a corridor and use bouncing magic missiles or fire bolts, but they will heal often so it might not be such an ideal case.
    This method also limits the amount of monsters they can summon to a fraction of what you normally get.

Preferably, use both methods - GEE in a tunnel between you and liches.
    Once they see you, whey will use their great tracking ability and will even find you on the other side of the level, if that's where your favorite corridor is.

@Soirana: fire immune monsters isn't such a great idea anymore because of how frequently monsters swap places.
    It's unreliable and the liches will quickly close to melee range and start draining.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

a mist elven wizard is perhaps one of the best if not the absolute best r/c to do a GUV...you have infinite age + mist elf armour + extremely high no. of spells = utter death and destruction. the only problem is you cant equip AoFA since it is iron, and high lvl undead can paralyze....just be coward mode + equip confusion resistance and you are good to go. finally, Wi=33>=32 means ball spell radius of 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Use scrolls of familiar summoning in DH2 until you get GEE.
    Order it to slay all liches, collect the artifacts, move on.

You can also lure them into a corridor and use bouncing magic missiles or fire bolts, but they will heal often so it might not be such an ideal case.
    This method also limits the amount of monsters they can summon to a fraction of what you normally get.

Preferably, use both methods - GEE in a tunnel between you and liches.
    Once they see you, whey will use their great tracking ability and will even find you on the other side of the level, if that's where your favorite corridor is.

@Soirana: fire immune monsters isn't such a great idea anymore because of how frequently monsters swap places.
    It's unreliable and the liches will quickly close to melee range and start draining.
    Thanks for the tip. I only have 2 scrolls of familiar summoning though, will try them to see what i get, seeing how i have an easy DH2 anyway.

I have tried with bolts, but they shrug a lot of them, which is both annoying and ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    a mist elven wizard is perhaps one of the best if not the absolute best r/c to do a GUV...you have infinite age + mist elf armour + extremely high no. of spells = utter death and destruction. the only problem is you cant equip AoFA since it is iron, and high lvl undead can paralyze....just be coward mode + equip confusion resistance and you are good to go. finally, Wi=33>=32 means ball spell radius of 2
    I certainly had less of a hassle with my DE Archer and DE Priest (that one punched emperors to death with Purifier lol). I have -para from Preserver. Will probably try some ball spells in the middle of them, to see how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    Hi guys,

What's the best way to tackle a GUV as a ME Wizard? should i try to spellcast them, or would i still be better killing king and emperor liches with undead slaying ammo? there are a lot of them liches there, i think 9 emperors, not even sure if i have enough ammo for all of them.

I let them close, thinking that 85 dv would be enough to avoid stat drains, but apparently it isn't.

Thanks in advance for the input.
    The best way is AFTER you save the world, on the way back at level 50. Priorities, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    The best way is AFTER you save the world, on the way back at level 50. Priorities, man.
    But i need those artifacts to save the world

No, you really, really don't. Taking down a GUV is actually harder than completing all the endgame quests.

Did you at least read a scroll of item detection and saw white bracers and a blue necklace or something? Even then the sensible thing would be to simply move on.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

well....if it is white bracers and blue necklace, then i will attempt a GUV with a troll farmer...no questions asked