Thread: Got poison resistance? Think again

Default Got poison resistance? Think again

So i had a great GE Wizard running, lvl 12, got precrowned with Boots of the Divine Messenger, had a nice selection of spells, including my personal favourite Strength of Atlas, the all needed and awesome Teleportation, Ice Ball, all the bolts, another of my favourites Burning Hands, Cure Critical Wounds, Heal, Slow Poison and others. Had poison, acid and fire resistance, controlled tele, in short, i was ready for the midgame.

So i headed to the UD, at lvl12, through SMC, since i had discovered the stairs and they were pretty close, in the next room, so i decided to take a walk, killed a couple of mobs on my way down, including a surprisingly powerful purple worm, that needed a couple of BH to die. So, this said purple worm poisoned me, but i figured it's not a problem since i am resistant and i didn't even bother to check how many times it poisoned me and how much HP i have left, i figured i'd hear the Gong of Low Health and use my Cure Critical Wounds, to train it a bit.

So i descend poisoned but alive to UD, kick a statue, pick up a book and the next step - BAM, -6 life, died of acute blood poisoning, WTF?

So the lesson is: never!! but i mean NEVER!!! under any circumstances think that you're good to go poisoned if you have resistance.

If you have poison resistance, you're good to go while poisoned. There I said it
    BUT
    What you did was come into melee range of an SMC creature that was probably a unique monster too (purple, you mentioned) and likely had more deadly than average poison attack.
    For what it's worth, a char of your caliber with single source of poison resistance would need a quickling queen to land several poisoning hits to accumulate enough poison for it to become a threat and kill you this quickly.
    Again, you went through SMC which defies even the tiny few shreds of logic that ADOM possesses, once in SMC - forget all you have learned and expect kobolds damaging your eternium plate mails and worms giving you more poison than quickling queens.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Purple worms are always purple and can always poison, so probably not unique but maybe very experienced. Even with poison resistance I always try to use herbs or spells to get rid of my poison as fast as possible, I couldn't with good conscience keep walking without getting rid of my poison.