Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My way

I'm pretty sure Necromancers find every spell at the library, just as wizards do.

"In the past, I used to wish for a lot of brass rings and potions of exchange to get many rings of djinni summoning and use them once I stop bookcasting and my stats return to 99.
    It's not possible anymore due to a bug (and I refuse to call it a feature) which only allows one RoDS from dipping so one thing that will be extremely tedious and time consuming even for an archmage is getting all weapon marks to grand mastery."

In my last game, i got 2 RoDS from ring dipping......so, i dont know if what you have said is correct... also, i would think that mist elven wizard would be the perfect archmage cause mana gives him a lot of pp needed for archmage...if necromancers can generate spellbook of wish, i think that is the best class cause of his lvl 50 power..
    Last edited by divij; 03-04-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    I'm pretty sure Necromancers find every spell at the library, just as wizards do.
    I am pretty sure that was not true at 1.1.1. I am not following all updates so that might have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    In my last game, i got 2 RoDS from ring dipping......so, i dont know if what you have said is correct... also, i would think that mist elven wizard would be the perfect archmage cause mana gives him a lot of pp needed for archmage...if necromancers can generate spellbook of wish, i think that is the best class cause of his lvl 50 power..
    It's possible to get two or even more RoDS from a single dip but once that is done, no more can be obtained this way.
    Also, this change was introduced past p23 version so if you're still on p23, it's not there yet.
    Mist elven wizard is doable but I don't think the mana benefits translate to that much difference versus a gray elf.
    We're talking about up to 100 power points difference, which isn't much.
    Mist elves can't wear iron items so if you happen to find some iron things with mana bonuses or "of life" and "of power" suffixes, you won't be able to use them.
    Necromancers aren't better than wizards because overall you will get significantly less power points at the same char level and mana attribute than wizards.
    Also their lvl 50 class power becomes useless after the first wish, which is usually "amulet of life saving".
    What's more, necromancers lose a large part of their toughness and hp when they cheat death and you need those initially for HP casting, especially for necromancers that have less PP to begin with.
    No, I think doing archmage with a necromancer or a mist elf is counter productive.
    Doable but far from optimal.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

hmmm...i stand convinced! gnomish wizards it is! its just that i am a mist elf fan boy! i think past lvl 8ish MEs are superpowerful...but hp is much more important for archmages than mana, so gnomes > MEs

Gnome... meh. Gray elves ftw.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."