Thread: Steam version r56 crashes just after update

Default Steam version r56 crashes just after update

Today I've updated r55 to r56 just by letting Steam do the update. After that, every try to launch ADOM simply crashes (some access violation in lua51.dll). OS: Win7 64bits. I guess I'll have to wait for r57...
    You feel excited. You die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervi View Post
    Today I've updated r55 to r56 just by letting Steam do the update. After that, every try to launch ADOM simply crashes (some access violation in lua51.dll). OS: Win7 64bits. I guess I'll have to wait for r57...
    Odd, has anyone else the same problem with R56? We did not update any DLLs for a long time. Can you try to verify the local game files (see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...3335&l=english)?

Can you also please check the "adom.log" file in the "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\ADOM\adom_steam" directory for any errors? Thanks!
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Nevermind... Instead of launching the ADOM link, I launched Steam directly. And it had a pending update... After downloading the latest Steam update, ADOM works properly now.
    You feel excited. You die.