Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What skills do you wish for? (spoilers, of course)

Ventriloquism is underused and may be well worth a wish.

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    Ventriloquism is underused and may be well worth a wish.
    Is the duration of confusion longer at higher skill? My experience with Ventiloquism is not big, but i tried to use it when i had it. The problem is that at about 50% skill, the duration is usually 1-2 turns, which is totally unreliable, especially for a squashy wizard.

If it gets longer later on, then it might be worth, if not a wish, then at least some usage .

It's actually quite reliable when trying to get rid of cats.
    2 turns is enough to step away and close the door.
    But wishworthy? Definitely not.
    Ventriloquism is useful in early game and that's it, at least in my opinion.
    Wishing for it kind of defeats the purpose because the wish is usually obtained at a much later stage of the game.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Music. For almost half of the monsters out there, this gives an option of getting out of tricky situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    Music. For almost half of the monsters out there, this gives an option of getting out of tricky situations.
    A long time ago i started a bard and when i got to the black druid level and i stumbled upon a room full of beasts (tension?). I had already 100 music, so i started to sing. After a short while all the beasts there started to fight each other and a hilariously massive battle ensued, after things settled, i went in for the loot, to find the black torq lying on the floor, with no corpse, apparently it rotted in the meantime.

The funny thing is i thought that beasts on the black druid level are not susceptible to music. This was back in ver. 1.1.1 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    Music.
    This is what the CoC looks like when your music skill is good enough to play the tunes of the weird tome.

You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I think vaults are treated differently than general dungeon dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    A long time ago i started a bard and when i got to the black druid level and i stumbled upon a room full of beasts (tension?). I had already 100 music, so i started to sing. After a short while all the beasts there started to fight each other and a hilariously massive battle ensued, after things settled, i went in for the loot, to find the black torq lying on the floor, with no corpse, apparently it rotted in the meantime.

The funny thing is i thought that beasts on the black druid level are not susceptible to music. This was back in ver. 1.1.1 btw.

Find weakness is the only skill I'd use a wish on

Now that gardening can be used to harvest seeds, that's absolutely wishworthy. With gardening, you don't have to pacify the big room, just get some seeds and farm elsewhere.

I really do like to play with beastfighters, and with beastfighters I couldn't care less if Khelly lives or dies. I usually wish for find weakness over AoLS, dark elves or orcs are of course a different story.
    Mission: Win with all classes as a dwarf
    Accomplished: Monk, Beastfighter, Duelist, Barbarian, Paladin, Priest, Wizard, Elementalist, Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Bard
    Current quest: Merchant

i think there are only 2 skills worth wishing for....find weakness and archery. special cases are alchemy, if you have cold blood, concentration if you have generated a book shop and fancy yourself a semi-spellcaster, and necromancy on wizards for some mana fun!