Thread: Ginkgobiloba, random rolled High Elven Assassin

Default Ginkgobiloba, random rolled High Elven Assassin

Hey folks! I'm new on this forum, and what better way to start than with a YAVP.
    I decided to let Fate decide on this character, after scoring my first win ever last week with Liriodendron, High Elven Archer. RNG said: you're a female High Elven assassin, go have fun! And fun she had. Mostly with Skullcrusher, with which she got precrowned almost straight away in the Puppy Cave. She went on to crush skulls with it for the rest of the game, and achieved Grand Mastery in the Clubs & Hammers department. In fact she found a whole bucketload of artifact weapons during the game, but Skullcrusher was her first and only love.
    Ginkgobiloba was not perfect, she did a couple of rather silly things, like attacking Dak the Arena Master accidentally, and she became a fallen champion of Law after killing some blink dogs. Well, she got crowned with Death's Blade, which was quite a disappointment, so up yours, Corellius. Anyhow, Ginkgo's deity accepted her back quite quickly and undoomed her again after a very handsome bribe of 100.000+ gold pieces.
    Ginkgo was seriously dismayed to find a threat room of emperor liches on the Mana Temple (never encountered even a single one of them in my earlier games), but they didn't really live up to their deadly reputation and she ended up just meleeing most of them.
    Things got a bit messy on D:50 as Ginkgo was not quite powerful enough to actually kill the balors in there, but that's what she had wands of destruction and teleportation for, right?

Aaaanyhow, my special thanks go out to Silfir and Gordon Overkill, without your very instructive Let's Play videos on Youtube I couldn't have done it and I would have chucked the game away as being too difficult, too frustrating, and just too damn CRUEL for any sane person to be playing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Congratulations mate! This is a good game, probably the best (it's certainly the only one i am still playing), so it's good you didn't throw it away.

Extra points for fate-rolled char!
    Some people tend to reroll tons of elven wizards just because they have only 20 starting Wi, or no magic missle or whatever. Screw this! RNG throws you a mentally challenged ratling, you win with it. That's the way!