Thread: First win: Drakeling Paladin

Default First win: Drakeling Paladin

My first ADOM victory ever and with a randomly rolled character (Lug the drakeling paladin):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv4akz5mtk...g.flg.txt?dl=0

First random monster quest from Thrundarr was for a doppleganger lord. Killed him by spitting him to death.

Got crowned with Justifier and shock immunity after sacrificing sword of Nonnak and Rolf's Companion. This was the first decent weapon of this character apart from Big Punch and the one he used for the rest of the game apart from punching to death with his bare fists a vault full of ratlings and using rune-covered trident to kill some invisible stalkers on D:50.

Cloak of Oman, Protector and ring of immunity I never saw so they were probably generated in a greater undead vault which I chose to ignore as I've had bad experiences with these in my previous games.

Some of the more scary moments were a room full of quickling lords on the water temple level (killed them off by using some wands of lightning and several casts of magic missile) and a dark room full of greater molochs on a level before the mana temple (opened the door cast light and went "oh shit" when I saw them). Fortunately they're slow so I managed to get around them without too much trouble especially I had teleportitis and teleport control by that time already.

Got several smaller vaults including an undead one in late game from which I got several wraith corpses, one vampire corpse and several useful spell books. Also got Thunderstroke from a vault near the end of the game that was very useful for killing off writhing masses of primal chaos on D:50 with as I had the corruption that makes melee attacks corrupting making melee pretty much useless except when I was able to kill them in just one attack.

Also much of D:50 was spent with tentacle mouth corruption, which I've really learned to hate now when using spell caster characters, meaning that I was killing off most things including balors in melee rather than making use of my lightning ball and improved fireball castings but my character was at this point strong enough to berserk balors to death without taking too much damage anyway.

Also D:49 really is hell for drakelings as it reduces speed to like 10 or something and then takes ages to go back to relatively decent levels even when repeatedly using a wand of fire on self to speed up recovery.
    Last edited by salass00; 02-09-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    Also much of D:50 was spent with tentacle mouth corruption, which I've really learned to hate now when using spell caster characters, meaning that I was killing off most things including balors in melee rather than making use of my lightning ball and improved fireball castings but my character was at this point strong enough to berserk balors to death without taking too much damage anyway.
    Forgot to mention that I also had mana battery corruption at this time making all my wands pretty much useless.

Nice one! Congratulations, the first one is always the most difficult.

Here's for more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    Nice one! Congratulations, the first one is always the most difficult.

Here's for more to come!
    Thanks.

Just had a relatively promising L11 trollish druid die in dwarven halls. I was going to only explore the levels leading up to them but before I realised it he was already on the second level of the dwarven halls and on his hurried way back he ran into two vortices. The second one an acid vortex that killed him.