Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the most f***ing annoying situation

Maybe you should play other games, if domestic animals distract you so much from saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by persy View Post
    Maybe you should play other games, if domestic animals distract you so much from saving the world.
    by domestic animals you mean the cute dog or the wild cat, cave tiger and cave lion? xD

If you mean the dog, then what's the price of a saver of the world that didn't manage to save a damn dog for a cute little girl? The devil is in the details

You should train cute dog and let it kill cat lord.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    You should train cute dog and let it kill cat lord.
    i'm not a masochist

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    Kill the dog too while you're at it, that quest reward is pretty much just prestige.
    Seconding this.
    Then enrage the tiny girl by telling her about your deed and bash her tiny skull with the corpse. No repercussions from other Terinyo inhabitants BTW.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Seconding this.
    Then enrage the tiny girl by telling her about your deed and bash her tiny skull with the corpse. No repercussions from other Terinyo inhabitants BTW.
    i'm not a sadist either

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    You say that like the cat lord is easy. I've heard this before, people scoff at the idea of the cat lord being a threat. IMO he's deadlier than the greater balor and emperor moloch, and slightly less threatening than the great water dragon.
    Make no mistake, I do know he is tough. But you can prevail if you have disablers, a good plan, and emergency healing.

On the other side, I'm remember monsters that gave a ton of experience had their xp nerfed and others got buffed, to make the progress curve is a bit smoother and prevent you from getting your last twenty levels on D:50. So my advice may not be accurate either way.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Make no mistake, I do know he is tough. But you can prevail if you have disablers, a good plan, and emergency healing.

On the other side, I'm remember monsters that gave a ton of experience had their xp nerfed and others got buffed, to make the progress curve is a bit smoother and prevent you from getting your last twenty levels on D:50. So my advice may not be accurate either way.
    Fighting him, or shooting him with missiles, generally is a very bad idea unless he's disabled. The best way to deal with the Cat Lord is simply to blast him with ball spells (or a wand of fireballs, or offensive alchemy...) until he panics, then lure him back with missiles ... rinse and repeat. Don't let him run away too far, or he'll just regenerate all of his HP while you look around for him.

Of course, you'll need to use Coward tactics (and generally maximise your DV as much as possible - train up your Shields, for example), and some blessed potions of extra-healing or ultra-healing as well. See invisible is a MUST ... the AMW is a decent armour to use if you haven't got that, because PV will not help you in this fight.

Disabling him is always good, but you might not have that option ... whereas, if you've gotten that far, you'll almost always have a wand of fireballs and some extra-healing pots (from the DT quests).