Thread: Charisma and gods

Default Charisma and gods

Kind of wanted to see what you guys thought about this idea to make charisma more useful:

Seems like it fits for it to influence interaction with gods. Something like + piety with sac or - piety cost for prayers. Problem is, you get a ton of prayers anyway, so those seem sort of OP.

Another idea is that increased Chr decreases just the crowning cost.

I dunno, just tossing ideas out there, figured I'd see if anyone thought it was actually worth an RFE.

BTW, I did search to see if this idea had already been posted, but sorry if I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    Kind of wanted to see what you guys thought about this idea to make charisma more useful:

Seems like it fits for it to influence interaction with gods. Something like + piety with sac or - piety cost for prayers. Problem is, you get a ton of prayers anyway, so those seem sort of OP.

Another idea is that increased Chr decreases just the crowning cost.

I dunno, just tossing ideas out there, figured I'd see if anyone thought it was actually worth an RFE.

BTW, I did search to see if this idea had already been posted, but sorry if I missed it.
    Another useful stat, but with no means to train it?

How would you train charisma? Or appearance for that matter?
    I think it's deliberately done so that you can't naturally train either of the two and it makes sense.
    The effect those stats have on a game is small at best so that probably explains the inability to train them.
    Both are in-born attributes.
    Shop prices are of course somewhat affected, but seriously, who ever considered it an important feature?
    The recent reduction of corruption for chars with high appearance is a significant thing though, as I have discovered playing an ugly character.
    Perhaps it's time to introduce some way of training those two attributes. I'd say using haggling should train charisma for both sexes.
    As for appearance, I'd tie this stat to strength and dexterity - the stronger and more dextrous you are, the more attractive you become.
    Heavy muscles for males and lean, well-trained bodies for females could help explain this.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Wait, what? I get that the idea may be lousy, that why I didn't RFE, but whether the stat is useful and whether it can be trained are two different things. I'm just trying to figure out how to make it not a bad stat.

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    Wait, what? I get that the idea may be lousy, that why I didn't RFE, but whether the stat is useful and whether it can be trained are two different things. I'm just trying to figure out how to make it not a bad stat.
    If a stat is useful, there should be a way to train it.

I don't see the logic behind that. Could be that a stat has some uses while it can't be trained; that would mean that some races/classes that boost the specific stat get a small boost.
    Appearance also got a small boost (giving corruption resistance) while it can't be trained, boosting elves in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I don't see the logic behind that. Could be that a stat has some uses while it can't be trained; that would mean that some races/classes that boost the specific stat get a small boost.
    Appearance also got a small boost (giving corruption resistance) while it can't be trained, boosting elves in the process.
    Some uses yeah, but directly influencing piety makes it a very important stat, maybe even more important than appearance has become after the changes. Being such an important stat, it should be trained somehow, imo. Try to play a hurtling or elf barbarian, with a strength of 8 and a potential of 10 and you'll understand what i mean.

I dunno, maybe sac/prayer could train it? And yeah, I suggested this for symmetry reasons: it seems like it should be possible to come up with a weird but cool way that chr could be useful just like with app.

Commanding pets trains CHA now, I thought (I remember a positively received RFE about this)

Yeah, but I think they were wanting more than that. So I was saying maybe god interactions could train it.