Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what would you do?

Can I suggest swapping your gear around? 34/17 DV/PV is pitiful for this point in the game, especially when combined with your low HP. Just with the equipment you have available, you can probably gain maybe 12 points of PV without any real problem--swap mummy wrapping for adamantium chain, swap rapid healing for the ankh, ditch some excess gear and swap girdle of carrying for mithril, and switch to Big Punch and a shield for better damage + better protection.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Youīre very welcome. I would also recommend blessing the potions of extra healing, so that you canīt forget it later. If you need emergency healing, you canīt afford to spend a turn doing that first.

Also +1 to Jellyslayers equipment advice.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Can I suggest swapping your gear around? 34/17 DV/PV is pitiful for this point in the game, especially when combined with your low HP. Just with the equipment you have available, you can probably gain maybe 12 points of PV without any real problem--swap mummy wrapping for adamantium chain, swap rapid healing for the ankh, ditch some excess gear and swap girdle of carrying for mithril, and switch to Big Punch and a shield for better damage + better protection.
    Thanks a lot. But without the girdle of carrying i will become at least burdened and, thus, lose at least 12 points of DV.

You already lose your DV bonus when you equip a shield, or when you equip a heavy armor. Being burdened doesn't do anything special after that. The shield alone will compensate most of the DV loss.

The total bonus protection from the suggested equipment would be far better. Besides, PV is worth more than DV, except in special circumstances (fighting greater claw bugs) or in the very late game.

Nobody's going to say herb train? There's no way To/Wi are at their max, right? (I realize there is decrease to Wi from voice of chaos, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    There's no way To/Wi are at their max, right?
    With a grey elf monk, To maxes out around here.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    You already lose your DV bonus when you equip a shield, or when you equip a heavy armor. Being burdened doesn't do anything special after that. The shield alone will compensate most of the DV loss.

The total bonus protection from the suggested equipment would be far better. Besides, PV is worth more than DV, except in special circumstances (fighting greater claw bugs) or in the very late game.
    Well, i didn't intend to wield a shield, i intended to bash them with my eternium halberd.

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    Nobody's going to say herb train? There's no way To/Wi are at their max, right? (I realize there is decrease to Wi from voice of chaos, but still)
    Toughness is at max, yes. I train Wi.
    Last edited by Dlightfull; 03-26-2015 at 07:01 AM.

You didn't post a log of potential stats so not much can be said about training.
    I'd say play with some chaos alchemy if you have spare means of chaos removal.
    Transform some potions with moon sickle and get stat boosters, they really help.
    You can get many potions of increase potentials and that opens up some areas for herb/corpse training or natural training.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    DF is only dangerous because of the extremely low toughness score. Had you been a different race, you would have had twice as many HP. That would have made Darkforge easy and safe.

In return for losing half your hitpoints, you gained a few extra charges of acid bolt.

Sorry to keep bringing it up, I just wanted to explain my point. Itīs up to you how you want to play ADOM, so I wonīt bring this up again.
    I almost forgot to tell you that those extra charges of acid bolt helped me a lot to clear the red dragon vault in FGJC5 . Half of the ancient dragons and the great red wyrm died to it. I don't think i would've been able to melee the wyrm, even with better toughness. And the loot from the vault helped me to improve toughness too, now it's capped at 25, and i have about 500 castings of fireball and almost 300 of improved fireball too, which another race with better toughness would have not had. With my speed and with the ball spell, i will be able to safely clear the bug temple.

Ofcourse you can do that with wands too and so on, but at that point i am pretty sure i could've not cleared the vault without the spell. The vault gave me a lot of levels too.

As you say, it's personal preference, you can do all that, probably, with wands and booze, but it's a lot easier with spells imo. So i would stick with elves any time, although i might try another race just out of curiosity.

Anyway, speaking of the vault, i got wyrmlance from there. What do you guys think, should i try to kill ACW with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    i might try another race just out of curiosity.
    You might like to try gnome? Their learning, mana and longevity are almost on par with grey elves. But they get faster levelling (nice for a monk), ventriloquism, an extra talent and slightly better toughness. My first win was a gnome monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    What do you guys think, should i try to kill ACW with it?
    Sure. Make sure it's blessed. The ACW counts as a demon dragon and takes extra damage from blessed weapons, like other demons.