Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xevoc View Post
    I think strength gets trained up to ~20 by keeping the character strained. So I would not use the spell yet.
    It is trained to 18 strained!, not more than that.

Really? IIRC i've always got it to 19 or 20 while being strained! nad after that started to use strength of atlas and strength increasing pots.. could be wrong

Afaik you can get it to 18 being strained!, then you need to be overburdened to get it to 20 max.

Quote Originally Posted by phauli View Post
    Really? IIRC i've always got it to 19 or 20 while being strained! nad after that started to use strength of atlas and strength increasing pots.. could be wrong
    Eat a devil's rose to make you sick and just sit around someplace safe and very strained, and watch your strength increase. While you're at it, you may as well use some morgia (B/U/C status doesn't matter) for To and Wi. Storing kobold shaman corpses in Waldy's is useful, as you can just buy and eat them whenever you want, since they won't rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Eat a devil's rose to make you sick and just sit around someplace safe and very strained, and watch your strength increase. While you're at it, you may as well use some morgia (B/U/C status doesn't matter) for To and Wi. Storing kobold shaman corpses in Waldy's is useful, as you can just buy and eat them whenever you want, since they won't rot.
    what do u mean B/U/C doesn`t matter??
    Cursed morgia abuses wi and to, isn`t it?

Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    what do u mean B/U/C doesn`t matter??
    Cursed morgia abuses wi and to, isn`t it?
    nop. Trains it exactly like blessed ones. Cursed moss of marellion WILL abuse your Dx thou.

Quote Originally Posted by phauli View Post
    I think the 19 and 20 comes from training by meeleing monsters, not from being strained!

As a wizard, you should always have SoA on, bookcasting it to save your casting.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    As a wizard, you should always have SoA on, bookcasting it to save your casting.
    And remember that it stacks, so you can bookcast it several times (for instance when traveling through the wilderness) and almost forget about it.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    I think the 19 and 20 comes from training by meeleing monsters, not from being strained!

I don't think just meleeing monsters trains strength. You can train it higher than 18 by mining, kicking stairs (not recommended), eating certain tasty corpses, training with Garth or with starvation/sickness, athletics, ring of weakness...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.