Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kinslayer or skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Well, half a joke. It wouldn't be optimal, but at least it would be original.

If you get the dual wielding skill (didn't Bart teach that?), it actually works pretty well. Helps with to-hit, and more importantly, energy cost of attacking.
    i didn't get to bart yet.

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    well....skullcrusher has 12.5 damage + 4St vs kinslayer which has 15 damage, so i dont know why kinslayer has more damage. also, skullcrusher is a heavy weapon vs kkinslayer which isnt, so you can go the heavy weapon talent line...case closed
    How much bonus to damage does a point of Str give? From all the info i have found in wiki and guidebook, Str only gives bonus to "to hit" and bonus damage for Two-handed Weapons.

From adom wiki:

Purposes of strength:

Strength affects several of your character's values. The most prominent of these are:

Melee damage and to-hit: This makes Strength the most important stat for any melee fighter, and by extension anyone else who wants to use a melee weapon on a casual basis (as you may not want to waste all your spells and ammunition on mooks).

As for the exact amount, i dont know but for the purposes of the abv debate, 4 St should give you a mere 2.5 damage for my argument to hold! (which i think it does)

I nominate Skincrusher...

From adom wiki:

Purposes of strength:

Strength affects several of your character's values. The most prominent of these are:

Melee damage and to-hit: This makes Strength the most important stat for any melee fighter, and by extension anyone else who wants to use a melee weapon on a casual basis (as you may not want to waste all your spells and ammunition on mooks).

As for the exact amount, i dont know but for the purposes of the abv debate, 4 St should give you a mere 2.5 damage for my argument to hold! (which i think it does)
    yeah, you're totally right from a pragmatic point of view, but Skullcrasher is so unstylish on a DE Mindcrafter. And besides, Kinslayer is a sword and some sword training could come handy when i will need the Wi bonus from the sword of Nonnak.

well....skullcrusher has 12.5 damage + 4St vs kinslayer which has 15 damage, so i dont know why kinslayer has more damage. also, skullcrusher is a heavy weapon vs kkinslayer which isnt, so you can go the heavy weapon talent line...case closed
    Heavy weapon talent line is useless, all talents put there are wasted but that's just my opinion.
    I'd much rather invest into porter line, speed talents, TH and missiles for quick and lightning shots.
    I virtually never take any weapon talents because the bonuses are just so ridiculously unnoticeable, even when all the related talents have been obtained.
    You're looking at a maximum of +10 chance to hit at the point in the game when you already have to-hit around 100 or more.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Heavy weapon talent line is useless, all talents put there are wasted but that's just my opinion.
    I'd much rather invest into porter line, speed talents, TH and missiles for quick and lightning shots.
    I virtually never take any weapon talents because the bonuses are just so ridiculously unnoticeable, even when all the related talents have been obtained.
    You're looking at a maximum of +10 chance to hit at the point in the game when you already have to-hit around 100 or more.
    well, the basher line is a bit better, since it gives bonuses to damage too and don't forget that all these little bonuses add up to percentages when suing Aggressive+ Tactics, so, fighting at Very Aggressive or Berserker, makes those few extra points of damage noticeable.

well, i absolutely agree with you on the 1st 3/4 things you said...my 1st talents are almost always...alert, miser, TH, long stride (sometimes i take it b4 miser), porter, master packager, beast of burden, quick, very quick, greased lightning. but then i go for the melle weapon talents including aggressive and natural berserker (unless i have found a ranged artifact). And i think we can all agree that defensive talents are a complete and utter waste in the late game!!

died to an ice vortex in PC5 on the way back from the altar to the stairs .

Actually I usually take defensive talents in the late game.
    Since so many monsters at that time ignore armor, DV is a better solution.
    I'll try to get DV talents and dodger, then shield talents including shield master.
    This results in around 10 extra DV that is independent of tactics. Quite useful.
    I will take those DV talents over basher and any weapon talents any time.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."