Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kinslayer or skullcrusher

Default kinslayer or skullcrusher

Hi guys,

So i rolled some DE Mindcrafters and after a little struggle, i got one running.

I was lucky enough to generate an altar in PC5 so i went for 2 precrowns - Skullcrusher and Kinslayer.

Which one should i use? Kinslayer has better damage and DV/PV, but is autocursing, while Skullcrusher has better to hit and a couple of, not terribly necessary, but nice to have intrinsics, but slightly less damage.

Edit: monsters just keep coming to my altar, should i go for a third precrown? i never tried that, but i guess it's very tedious, right?

damn...i wish i had your luck with precrownings! i will go for skullcrusher...it has more damage cause of its strength bonus (which will help with encumbrance im sure), better to-hit, not autocursing, -conf, with the tradeoff being 7dv and 4pv......its an easy call in my books!

Edit: i dont think 3rd precrowning will be worth it...

Skullcrusher. Getting disarmed with Kinslayer as your main weapon is sooooo annoying.

Kinslayer. Because... Skullcrusher sucks.

On a more serious note, Kinslayer offers better damage output and ratling disarmers aren't that common.
    Skullcrusher's bonus to strength is not big enough to dramatically change damage so it's more of a carrying capacity aid.
    Autocurse in Kinslayer is annoying of course but in the end there's the argument that nobody can hope to match:

It's more stylish.

Skullcrusher is just some overgrown troll's club but the black long sword... that's a blademaster's weapon.
    Also as a mindcrafter you shouldn't be worried about disarmers since you have confusion blast.
    They can still disarm you when confused but it happens much, much less frequently.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Kinslayer. Because... Skullcrusher sucks.

On a more serious note, Kinslayer offers better damage output and ratling disarmers aren't that common.
    Skullcrusher's bonus to strength is not big enough to dramatically change damage so it's more of a carrying capacity aid.
    Autocurse in Kinslayer is annoying of course but in the end there's the argument that nobody can hope to match:

It's more stylish.

Skullcrusher is just some overgrown troll's club but the black long sword... that's a blademaster's weapon.
    Also as a mindcrafter you shouldn't be worried about disarmers since you have confusion blast.
    They can still disarm you when confused but it happens much, much less frequently.
    Are you sure you're not some relative of mine?

We have a surprisingly similar way of thought

I suggest Kinslayer.
    It's autocursing might be helpful to atonement that overwhelming power and appease RNG before it strikes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

Why choose when you can have both? Start dual wielding.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Why choose when you can have both? Start dual wielding.
    . what about the penalties to "to hit"? they're both pretty heavy and i don't even have the skill yet, to compensate.

No shield means even less DV, so undead, constructs and mindless creatures become a serious threat.

But i think it was a joke, right?

Well, half a joke. It wouldn't be optimal, but at least it would be original.

If you get the dual wielding skill (didn't Bart teach that?), it actually works pretty well. Helps with to-hit, and more importantly, energy cost of attacking.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

well....skullcrusher has 12.5 damage + 4St vs kinslayer which has 15 damage, so i dont know why kinslayer has more damage. also, skullcrusher is a heavy weapon vs kkinslayer which isnt, so you can go the heavy weapon talent line...case closed