Thread: Uther, orchish barbarian turned into a writhing mass on D:50

Default Uther, orchish barbarian turned into a writhing mass on D:50

Log file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou7pm3qhp9...r.flg.txt?dl=0

Apart from mistakenly attacking a karmic while killing off a room full of summoners and getting doomed during early game this guy was doing pretty well and I was sure this was going to be my second win. Turns out that the game had other plans...

Got rid of dooming by sacrificing various stuff at dwarftown. Got crowned with fire immunity and skullcrusher by sacrificing even more stuff (including several artifacts).

On the way to the air temple I got my first power surge ever which turned out to be the robes of resistence.

On D:50 I began by cleaning out the main corridor including the two side rooms and then moved on to cleaning out the two rooms with the levers. So far so good apart from the run in with the ghost lords which resulted in some aging but since I had wished for and drunk some potions of longevity before I was able to survive.

So now I think there's no point in handling either lever yet since the balors are still alive so I decide to go clear out the middle room. All goes well until it's just the balors left and then suddenly all hell breaks lose with summons appearing all over the place. To make things even more annoying at some point I get disarmed and have to fight a whole bunch of enemies including a balor and a werewolf lord using one of my enternium hammers before I manage to get my main weapon, Skullcrusher back.

With very little corruption removal available because of not being able to save Khelavaster and the fight being drawn out ridiculously the outcome was inevitable...

I did manage to cook and bring all the orb guardians to give to Guth'Alak for some potions of cure corruption though and I also got the scroll of corruption removal from the HMMV secret room. In addition to this I also found a potion of cure corruption as random loot.

On the way through CoC I also encountered two levels containing greater undead vaults that I chose to ignore entirely which is likely where several of the other artifacts were like Aylas Scarf, Trusted One, etc.
    Last edited by salass00; 02-09-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    Log file:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26599983/uther.flg

Apart from mistakenly attacking a karmic while killing off a room full of summoners and getting doomed during early game this guy was doing pretty well and I was sure this was going to be my second win. Turns out that the game had other plans...

Got rid of dooming by sacrificing various stuff at dwarftown. Got crowned with fire immunity and skullcrusher by sacrificing even more stuff (including several artifacts).

On the way to the air temple I got my first power surge ever which turned out to be the robes of resistence.

On D:50 I began by cleaning out the main corridor including the two side rooms and then moved on to cleaning out the two rooms with the levers. So far so good apart from the run in with the ghost lords which resulted in some aging but since I had wished for and drunk some potions of longevity before I was able to survive.

So now I think there's no point in handling either lever yet since the balors are still alive so I decide to go clear out the middle room. All goes well until it's just the balors left and then suddenly all hell breaks lose with summons appearing all over the place. To make things even more annoying at some point I get disarmed and have to fight a whole bunch of enemies including a balor and a werewolf lord using one of my enternium hammers before I manage to get my main weapon, Skullcrusher back.

With very little corruption removal available because of not being able to save Khelavaster and the fight being drawn out ridiculously the outcome was inevitable...

I did manage to cook and bring all the orb guardians to give to Guth'Alak for some potions of cure corruption though and I also got the scroll of corruption removal from the HMMV secret room. In addition to this I also found a potion of cure corruption as random loot.

On the way through CoC I also encountered two levels containing greater undead vaults that I chose to ignore entirely which is likely where several of the other artifacts were like Aylas Scarf, Trusted One, etc.
    that's sad. better luck next time.

So rather than closing the gate, you dance around on L50 trying to slay everything?
    Gack!

For one, I applaud trying to snuff the chaos being on L50, but do it after you have killed the Balors and handled the levers. Corruption is greatly slowed with the gate closed.

Also when attacking down there, slay the summoners ASAP.
    Better luck next time!