Thread: Playing Chaos Knights - How?

Default Playing Chaos Knights - How?

Hey-o,

I'm back after a long time to these forums.

Got excited with the Chaos Knight class and want to work on it. But it is intimidating...

I mean... depending on starting corruptions the game becomes a major hassle. But this is not my main concern, nor it is the fact that CKs are at a big loss while being C for the early stages of the game.

My question to the more seasoned players is:

How do I deal with the added corruption this guy is bound to have due to low Ap scores? Do I have to rush the game or can I take the usual time? Does Unicorn produce a big impact on this guy or is it negligible?

I guess what I'm asking is if this class is manageable in terms of corruption or is it crazy and I'm gonna depend a lot on luck to finish the game with it.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

Why not play one and find out?

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    Hey-o,

I'm back after a long time to these forums.

Got excited with the Chaos Knight class
    ...How do I deal with the added corruption this guy is bound to have due to low Ap scores? Do I have to rush the game or can I take the usual time? Does Unicorn produce a big impact on this guy or is it negligible?

I guess what I'm asking is if this class is manageable in terms of corruption or is it crazy and I'm gonna depend a lot on luck to finish the game with it.
    Well, corruption rate in general was reduced quite a bit.
    I don't think Chaos knight gains more significant amount of corruption than normal char in 1.1.1.

Now, having less removal if you stick to C allignment [no pots from druid, no shot at mystic] is another issue, but well again sticking with perma chaotic char would have done same in 1.1.1.

So prime way of dealing with corruption is converting to N at least once somewhere in midgame [need fire resist for annoying messages to be only annoying].

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, corruption rate in general was reduced quite a bit.
    I don't think Chaos knight gains more significant amount of corruption than normal char in 1.1.1.

Now, having less removal if you stick to C allignment [no pots from druid, no shot at mystic] is another issue, but well again sticking with perma chaotic char would have done same in 1.1.1.

So prime way of dealing with corruption is converting to N at least once somewhere in midgame [need fire resist for annoying messages to be only annoying].

The idea of them getting more corrupted than other chars is that they want to stack some corruptions to take advantage of class powers, and more corruptions means usually less AP score and that reduces resistance to further corruption. BUT, thinking better about it, they also get intrinsic corruption resistance as class power at lvl 32 so I think it is probably just as playable as any other class in that regard.

Now, it is just a matter of coming to terms with everyone being hostile towards me and I think I'll make a mist elf CK.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

The more corruptions CKs get, the more resistant they become to further corruption.
    That is stated in the manual I think.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."