Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chaos knights - let's suggest what could be done better...

Only addition I'd like to see to chaos knights is chaos mages. An elf or similar chaos knight can already do some decent casting, but it'd be nice playing the early game as a magical tank rather than a physical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, as they say narrative can justify pretty much anything.

I don't think CK or any other class [except maybe paladins and priests] are sent by their god to do anything.
    Few precrowns I think are enough to persuade anyone gods don't give too much crap about Ancardia mortal world.

One may as well view CK as person who got bored of animal slaughterhood, religious desecration and chose to go find "the real" ChAoS and corruption. WTF his gonna worship on his quest? Of course Andor Drakon.

Orbs he takes as they clearly source of chaotic power [they can be used for gain and corruption if anyone wonders]. D48? well, after all that work would not he like to look at chaos gate, you know, the source of that chaos thing in this world and so on?

I don't think given allignemnt orientation and total boredom [what they were waiting on level prior?] it is surprising that citizens of D50 don't care who arrived and proceed on slaughterhood. That is assuming our trusty CK did not start hacking them first just out of habbit.

By the way if true CK wants to embrace chaos gate no killing is needed, just get greater balor from his position and teleport.

Well, closing fucking chaos gate makes no sense true. But one gets apropriate ending for such deed.
    Fair points.
    However, Andor Drakon is not like other deities. You'd think he would give a crap about a dude he crowned as his champion barging in D:50 and wiping out everything. He can talk to the PC directly, maybe throw a tip about handling both handles as a pretty bad idea.

There's the bit about closing the Chaos Gate immediately snuffing out the PC's existence. I'd say that means that the PC is not someone who fucked around in youth and then decided to fuck around on a greater scale, but something powered directly by the chaos plane.

I'm mostly bummed out about the manual bit. There is an introduction section there which talks precisely what is your quest -- great sage Khelavaster found out that a chaos shitstorm is coming and you are one of the heroes on a quest to stop it. What about the Chaos Knights? Maybe drop a sentence there.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    There's the bit about closing the Chaos Gate immediately snuffing out the PC's existence.
    Snuff out is good joke, but not strong from narrative point. I mean there is plenty of chaos brothers, sisters, corruptors, dwarven and regular chaos knights after closing chaos gate. They seem to do just fine. And player CK suddenly just dies.

First time I played CK I was seriously disappointed about Khelly not cursing CK on chatting or something from that kind.