Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kills You? Again.

The last one would be...

lvl 30~ish dwarven monk - Died writing scrolls because I failed to see how I had ran out of PP and was starting to use HP to do it...

BUT! What kills me in a sure-to-win character is the same that kills everybody else. Overconfidence.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

LV 7 Hurthling Merchant -
    Found an alter on the 2nd lvl of the Puppy cave a short walk from the ant hill.
    After a constant stream of ants and any other random mob that wandered by, I was 30,000 plus on piety and on my way to an early pre-crowning.
    So I continued to the 3rd lvl, where I promptly got stuck in a dead end with an experienced cave tiger, spawning rats, and a Corruption trap.....

Surrounded with Chaos rats punching through my (already low PV, even with Coward at max)
    and a Cave Tiger pounding on me from behind, I didn't stand a chance.

And that was with being both Lucky and Blessed from my god.

paralyzation
    vortices
    staying in SMC too long
    water breath (aka blue death ray)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    So I continued to the 3rd lvl, where I promptly got stuck in a dead end with an experienced cave tiger, spawning rats, and a Corruption trap.....

Surrounded with Chaos rats punching through my (already low PV, even with Coward at max)
    and a Cave Tiger pounding on me from behind, I didn't stand a chance.
    Then kill the cat.

Other options: stand on the corruption trap yourself, or cover it with a blanket. And pray a lot if you get hurt too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    Then kill the cat.

Other options: stand on the corruption trap yourself, or cover it with a blanket. And pray a lot if you get hurt too much.
    Was trying. But in Coward, I couldn't hit worth a flip.
    And the Trap was too far away with Rats standing on/walking over it.
    And it seamed as though each time I prayed, I kept getting crited harder. It was the only reason I lasted as long as I did.

Lvl 19 orcish monk died to an overpowered Waldenbrook.
    Had sold a lot of sis, teleportitis sent me away, aggroing the shopkeeper. One turn got me from 200hp to -150. Good times.

Another one is a Lvl 20 Hurthling Beastfighter who waited in a corner in lvl 3, in the Ice Queen Caves, and saw fire faction win, then was critted to death by a fire giant king.

I also had a lvl 23 merchant hit a stone ooze, mistaking it for a gray ooze, in DH ; this is when I decided to switch to -para or -petri amulets instead of ankh when dungeon dwelling.

My recent lvl 25 GE mindcrafter was crited to death in the maze by a minotaur mazelord.
    I guess I simply got sloppy or perhaps lost interest in the game when I got to level 25 without eating the mino emp corpse first.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Code:
    19. Kruul. L8 ratling chaos knight (M). 9841 xps. 1821 turns. Died on 7/19/2014. He was killed by a troll chief on level 8 of a shadowy dungeon
    25. Daisy V. L42 human barbarian (F). 1410447 xps. 53624 turns. She was killed by a greater moloch (after winning) in a small cave.
    26. Dantalion. L50 mist elven chaos knight (F). 24058342 xps. 73323 turns. Died on 7/4/2014. She was transformed into a chaos being in the palace of Andor Drakon.
    28. Gonnabiteit. L50 gnomish elementalist (F). 10908211 xps. 53615 turns. Died on 1/13/2012. She was blasted by Nuurag-Varrn, the invisible Chaos Archmage in the temple of elemental Mana.
    29. Grimdark. L32 human assassin (M). 4600605 xps. 54011 turns. Died on 8/23/2011. He was killed by Kickass, the greater moloch, on level 45 of the caverns of chaos.
    I really like my top non-winners list. All of them but maybe #28 there tell their own story. #19 was only scored so high because of that glitch on chaos knight release. #25 was pure stupidity after handily beating the game the first time playing a barbarian... decided to use an extra wish on xps, and yeahhh not so wise an idea. #26 died because of that acid blood corruption -- every time Drakon got a hit in, he would blindly teleport around the level, and I had no efficient way of hunting him down. I don't remember #28, but #29 is a hilarious case of pets gone awry. Fitting moniker for a pet that basically pulled me through half the game.

Other highlights: attacking a stone ooze with Wyrmlance, a drakeling OHKO'd by a ghost king, critical'd to death by late-game shopkeepers and a royal guard. From then on down it's mostly ToEF and frost giant vault deaths... with one random poisoned to death on F47 that I don't remember.
    Last edited by psy_wombats; 05-13-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Last night a very powerful and crowned ratling duelist died for over confidence when chosed DH way instead Animated forest...that potion of water was not a potion of water at all...that keep on kill me, overconfidence.

@Gordonoverkill..hi I want to say I really LOVE your video! and was a surprise find you in the forum (well not so much)..keep doing it, I'm still upset for the honorable death of Litithia!..

By the way, if you read this, how do you switch in one click between ASCII and tiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Last night a very powerful and crowned ratling duelist died for over confidence when chosed DH way instead Animated forest...that potion of water was not a potion of water at all...that keep on kill me, overconfidence.

@Gordonoverkill..hi I want to say I really LOVE your video! and was a surprise find you in the forum (well not so much)..keep doing it, I'm still upset for the honorable death of Litithia!..

By the way, if you read this, how do you switch in one click between ASCII and tiles?
    While I'm not Gordon I can answer the question ... use F10 to switch.