Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what would you change in adom

Default what would you change in adom

I would change
    1) those damn cats, nota a first kill should leave the spirit but third
    2) starsigns should not influance on to hit to dmage - i need to get biggest tohot to dmage thos i always play sword starsign - and this is at all sad
    3) this first kill quest are not so much subtle nor pleasant should better change on something better

fir

IDK, cats are quite fun for me. It's like a nice puzzle.
    The game would be more boring without cats.

A food memory would be cool.
    Something similar to the known items but apply to food and corpses eaten, but on second thought maybe not needed in the modern times of wikis.

1. Possibility of narrowing the inventory to one item category when dropping items with Ctrl+d would be nice. You can do it with normal dropping, so why not with this one?
    2. When adding a new talent, a list of already chosen ones would be nice.
    3. Prompt [y/n] for targetting friendlies with missiles would be tremendously useful too, I dropped my alignment way too many times this way.
    4. When pressing 't', cursor should not be automatically choosing targets that you don't have line of fire on. Maybe it's fine if line of fire is obstructed by other opponents, but not when it's obstructed by a wall.
    5. Living walls should not be that easy to spot in graphical mode. You can mistake them for actual wall in ASCII if you don't pay attention, but never in graphical mode.
    6. After you choose a spell to cast and the [0123456789] menu is up, it would be nice to have the name of the spell displayed there too. This way you have an additional indication that you didn't pick something else by mistake, and yes, this is Frost Bolt, and not Magic Missile which would bounce off the wall into your face. The same thing could be added for wands ('z') and skills ('a') too, maybe for some other commands as well.
    7. Food memory. I'm not sure if it's the same idea blunk mentioned, but knowing which corpses you have eaten would be great, especially when I load an older save after X days/weeks. You don't always have potion of insight ready early in the game.
    8. Some stat bonuses from items shouldn't be unnecessarily obfuscated. I mean you can easily see that ankh gives +2 DV/PV if you pay attention, why not just display it as ankh [+2/+2]. Same with ring of teleport control, I only noticed yesterday that it actually gives +1 PV. I mean, Ring of the High Kings displays its DV/PV bonuses, so why not these items?
    9. Certain items that give stat bonuses always look as if it's an unknown item even if you had seen one of them before. Say you found an amulet of the cold heart and identified it. Now if you find another one, it will be displayed as unidentified. Come on, I should know it's AotCH, not "tarnished amulet" or something; I just don't know its Ch modifier. I always end picking up tons of these because I think it's something I haven't seen yet.

That's all I can remember for now. I think these should go to bug/RFE subforum, but I'm honestly too lazy to check if they were already reported or not. It's quite possible that these things have been fixed in later, closed versions, I'm playing on pre23.

1. Not drowning to waterbreath when you have water breathing equipment or intrinsic.

2. Immediate delivery of the trident reward instead of having a Water Elemental delivering it some random time later.

3. More readily assessable volume controls on the NotEye version. (I always have to look up how to turn the music off when watching tv while playing)

4. Make surges of power slightly more common.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

1. Make ALL class powers actually useful and desirable at the stage when they are obtained. Like poor mindcrafters getting teleport self at lvl 40. Should be at least lvl 25 if not sooner. Or weaponsmiths getting some shitty useless skill at lvl 50, which should instead be changed to something like ability to improve artifacts. Many other class powers would have to be reviewed and changed to finally start being useful in normal game instead of being fillers that nobody wants or uses.

2. A bit more logic and consequence. Weaponsmiths should be able to repair pickaxes, period. They should be able to create weapons and armor from scratch. Alchemy should be broadened to encompass at least twice as many possible potions, preferably more.
    Deities should reward precrowners with at least a little more class-proper artifacts. Getting vanquisher with a wizard or protector with a duelist is not nice. Monsters that don't see through invisibility should be virtually unable to find the PC, even if the PC attacks them. Creatures vulnerable to an element should never be able to shrug off that element's bolts. DV above 150 should make the player impossible to hit by anything short of quicklings or magic wielders... etc, etc.

3. More content in general:
    - towns
    - underground cities
    - forgotten ruins
    - forsaken towers
    - new, mighty artifacts
    - other adventurers going about their business
    - secretive guilds to join and do quests for
    - personal house somewhere in the wilderness, in selected location, built at the cost of ~100k gold by Terrinyo farmers and carpenters, with safe item storage inside, forge, altar, herb garden, and no monster generation, save for occasional raiders.
    - ... I could list a thousand things here, I'm sure the creator of the game is as... creative as I am.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

1. Normally, I'm fine with cats how they are with the exception that they should be much rarer in the Druid Dungeon.
    Taking the Druid quest pretty much means that you're going to have to kill a cat (or three) before it's over.

2. Armor Piercing and lucky Crits on some of the some of the early creatures is just sick.
    I've been on shotted by Orcs, Goblins, and Kobolds upon entering the first dungeon.

3. Having a record of your kills (or much of your intrinsic data) available to you during play.
    Namely, a record of how many of each you killed.

4. The Old Barbarian quest should be a little more specific.
    I mean, how would HE know what the first Monster I killed was when even I don't?

5. Redesign the Talents. Separate the "Starting" talents from the "gained" Talents and allow players to build their talents up from there.
    Also, remove a lot of the superfluous talents and/or make them more usable.
    I'm thinking we should get a "Talent Tree" system working instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    3. Having a record of your kills (or much of your intrinsic data) available to you during play.
    Namely, a record of how many of each you killed.
    I thought :k shows that...

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I thought :k shows that...
    So it does. Though I was thinking more of your first kill, But I guess I never used :k

But there are a LOT of keys that I don't use. Too many to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    1. Make ALL class powers actually useful and desirable at the stage when they are obtained. Like poor mindcrafters getting teleport self at lvl 40. Should be at least lvl 25 if not sooner. Or weaponsmiths getting some shitty useless skill at lvl 50, which should instead be changed to something like ability to improve artifacts. Many other class powers would have to be reviewed and changed to finally start being useful in normal game instead of being fillers that nobody wants or uses.

2. A bit more logic and consequence. Weaponsmiths should be able to repair pickaxes, period. They should be able to create weapons and armor from scratch. Alchemy should be broadened to encompass at least twice as many possible potions, preferably more.
    Deities should reward precrowners with at least a little more class-proper artifacts. Getting vanquisher with a wizard or protector with a duelist is not nice. Monsters that don't see through invisibility should be virtually unable to find the PC, even if the PC attacks them. Creatures vulnerable to an element should never be able to shrug off that element's bolts. DV above 150 should make the player impossible to hit by anything short of quicklings or magic wielders... etc, etc.

3. More content in general:
    - towns
    - underground cities
    - forgotten ruins
    - forsaken towers
    - new, mighty artifacts
    - other adventurers going about their business
    - secretive guilds to join and do quests for
    - personal house somewhere in the wilderness, in selected location, built at the cost of ~100k gold by Terrinyo farmers and carpenters, with safe item storage inside, forge, altar, herb garden, and no monster generation, save for occasional raiders.
    - ... I could list a thousand things here, I'm sure the creator of the game is as... creative as I am.
    ...All just a small matter of programming, right blas?