Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: calming arena master

Default calming arena master

I got a quite good character but i mistakenty fired an arrow on arena master and he is chasing me.. is there a way of calming him
    or the game is spoiled and i must quit

You can just kill him. It won't really affect your game in any significant way; he is a non-essential NPC.

You may be able to offer peace to him if you can get him injured enough to panic and run away. I don't think that he will continue to give you arena fights, however.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You can just kill him. It won't really affect your game in any significant way; he is a non-essential NPC.

You may be able to offer peace to him if you can get him injured enough to panic and run away. I don't think that he will continue to give you arena fights, however.
    thats dam bad, i invest much time in tchis charcter and now i cannot do quest and get gladius,
    i must start over again

lol...i remember a time when i was like this....kill a cat = shift+Q. adom is an EXTREMELY open ended game. no matter what your r/c is and no matter what position you are in, there are multiple outs. just play as normal, get crowned and go from there. since you arent gonna get 2 artifacts, you might be able to get precrowned/postcrowned. and go on from there!

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    lol...i remember a time when i was like this....kill a cat = shift+Q. adom is an EXTREMELY open ended game. no matter what your r/c is and no matter what position you are in, there are multiple outs. just play as normal, get crowned and go from there. since you arent gonna get 2 artifacts, you might be able to get precrowned/postcrowned. and go on from there!
    If he would be such open snded (open story) there should be the way to calm this dak or get gladius and related skills in different way (gladius is not so much damn problem but the tactics backstabbing and othet fine stuf there is) also the quest foron thundarr

I pissed off becouse i invested a lot in precrwning and other especially carefull and worksome playthru this time.. I just prefer play in game that is not burdened by unpleasant loss.. maybe there is some way to get this damn dak? someone mentioned scroll of peace or something.,. does it not work for sure?

(anyway this mittaken fire to dak was something wrong too i pressed normal keys wanting to chat on another arena fight, i dont even noticed finger sllip , some keyguard must be missing here.. Im pissed of though i must say i still damn like this terrific game and maybe even my opinion on this game after last mania of playing is yet better than before

You could try summoning some weak familiars and let Dak kill them. After a few deaths he *might* calm down, though it's not guaranteed.

Offering peace is also a way but it has nothing to do with a scroll of peace.
    If you hit a creature until it's critically wounded and it panics and runs away from you, you may be able to catch up with it and chat.
    The game should ask you if you want to offer peace. Maybe he will calm down then and possibly return to his usual spot in front of the arena.

If neither of the two methods work, you're screwed.
    However, nothing that you get for giving the gladius to Bart is unique. You can wish for tactics and wish for backstabbing.
    You can get weapon marks with anything so his rewards for the gladius aren't impossible to replicate, just costly.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    You could try summoning some weak familiars and let Dak kill them. After a few deaths he *might* calm down, though it's not guaranteed.

Offering peace is also a way but it has nothing to do with a scroll of peace.
    If you hit a creature until it's critically wounded and it panics and runs away from you, you may be able to catch up with it and chat.
    The game should ask you if you want to offer peace. Maybe he will calm down then and possibly return to his usual spot in front of the arena.

If neither of the two methods work, you're screwed.
    However, nothing that you get for giving the gladius to Bart is unique. You can wish for tactics and wish for backstabbing.
    You can get weapon marks with anything so his rewards for the gladius aren't impossible to replicate, just costly.
    i hit him down he panicked but when chatting didint offered a peace 'now face me bastard' and was atacking again - i gave him a money, he took it but did not calm, also i was throwing in him potions of healing he gets healed up but also is not calm.. got no scrolls of familliar summonig.. sad as i got nice character

only 13 lvl and has a 50 DV on normal tactics with no special equipment and skills, seems highg to me,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Character Information

Dra St:23 Le:15 Wi:13 Dx:20 To:12 Ch: 7 Ap:15 Ma:20 Pe:17 C
    DV/PV: 52/12 H: 36(80) P: 57(57) Exp: 13/92567 M: 52058

Background Information

Name: Dra Race: male Dark Elf Class: Archer
    Eye color: black Hair color: silver Complexion: black
    Height: 5'8" Weight: 123 pounds
    Star sign: Sword Birthday: 23/Sword (day 203 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
    Your parents belong to the nobility. They are rich, respected,
    wealthy and own more than they can count.
    In your childhood you were fascinated by your environment and the
    ever-changing wonders of the world. You were a very curious and
    adventurous child.
    In your youth you worked a lot to become rich and famous later.
    Consequently you rarely had enough time to play with other kids of your
    age.
    As a young adult you spent a lot of time searching for a deeper
    meaning and purpose in your life. You pondered and pondered but nothing
    truly sparked your interest. Finally, after many many hours, you made a
    decision.
    You decided to become an Archer.

Inventory
    Total weight: 3420 stones Carrying capacity: 5225 stones

Head : uncursed orcish helmet [+1, +2] {Pe-1} [100s]
    Neck : -
    Body : blessed elven chain mail [+0, +5] [10s]
    Girdle : blessed girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
    Cloak : blessed leather cloak (-1, +0) [+1, +0] [40s]
    Right Hand : uncursed orcish spear of slaughtering (+2, 2d10+2) [75s]
    Left Hand : uncursed tower shield (-2) [+7, +0] [150s]
    Right Ring : -
    Left Ring : -
    Bracers : uncursed bracers of protection [+0, +2] [10s]
    Gauntlets : uncursed iron gauntlets "Ironfist" (-1, +0) [+1, +3] {St+7}
    Boots : uncursed boots of speed [+2, +0] (+8 spd) [20s]
    Missile Weapon: -
    Missiles : -
    Tool : uncursed fletchery set (5) [70s]

Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    i hit him down he panicked but when chatting didint offered a peace 'now face me bastard' and was atacking again - i gave him a money, he took it but did not calm, also i was throwing in him potions of healing he gets healed up but also is not calm.. got no scrolls of familliar summonig.. sad as i got nice character
    Mate, you don't even need backstabbing and tactics for an Archer, so just move on. You should kill everything from afar anyway, no need to engage in melee at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    Mate, you don't even need backstabbing and tactics for an Archer, so just move on. You should kill everything from afar anyway, no need to engage in melee at all.
    step off,
    besides i changed my mind as rising the character level 15 is maybe not so much work so maybe i shouldnt treat it as such a big waste, (and i stopped treating this as a big waste)

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    I'm still quite like this but it's because i'm one of those weirdos who loves achivements and ticking boxes. You think I'd bother about cats or the tiny girl if I didn't get a sweet message (that probably took less than 30 seconds to think of and type out) in my end game prologue? :P