Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get L+ relatively fast?

Default How do I get L+ relatively fast?

Real talk guys.

I always play neutral characters, to the point where I don't ever play dwarves etc. just to make sure I can get my favourite N= alignment. Lately however I started rolling random characters so naturally I ended up with some lawful ones. This one hurthling paladin got not one, but two lawful altars on UD1 and UD2, so I decided to go with it and got precrowned with Grod at level 8. Not very useful (I really don't like having 4 DV), so I want a normal crowning now. And here's the problem - how do I get to L+?

There's experience level consideration here. I need to do it before pyramid or else the level requirement will get out of hand. I still need Herbalism, so the black torc will be generated, bumping the level req up to 14 along with Grod. So bascially I need to do it before reaching the Si level in CoC. How? Will puppy quest and druid quest be enough to get up to L+? I'm L currently and I think I haven't done anything chaotic yet. Like I said, I never play lawful characters otherwise, so I really have no idea.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Easiest way at this point in the game is to wear the amulet of order for awhile and play as normal.

The level requirement doesn't matter for normal crowning though, only for pre/post crowns.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Wait, really? Damn, that's something I never knew about. So that's why everyone goes for pre-crowning/crowning instead of crowning/post-crowning, huh?

spoilers ofcourse.....

you can buy all the food from ratling traders and go pick a beggar and start feeding him 5 at a time...this will get you to L+ from L in....lets say 200 - 250 pieces (40 - 50 meals). Enjoy!

You could also do the puppy quest, returning with news + puppy corpse gives some +align. Also vault, good for progression. Better to do it with amulet of order of coursely.
    Killing mad doctor should be slightly +align too, just use "opps missed" arrow trick to aggro him.

If you don't have amulet of order lure sherriff to banditville and get one.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Fastest way of increasing your lawfullness is healing others. So grab that Spellbook of Cure Light Wounds and bookcast from it on any damaged weak animal.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    Fastest way of increasing your lawfullness is healing others. So grab that Spellbook of Cure Light Wounds and bookcast from it on any damaged weak animal.
    I always whip myself to L+, but with a dwarf that might be impossible at this point, if you have too much PV (-PV gear helps). Killing higher undead raises alignment pretty fast, if youre L already. I usually end up L+ after the Dwarven Graveyard without any other means of raising it.

I mess with this in almost every game since I want N reward from dwarven mystic.
    Killing Hotzenplotz for the sheriff in Terinyo gives you an amulet of order that pulls you towards L+ when worn, the slow way is to wear it while for example grinding herbs in bigroom.
    To speed up you can do that quest when it's time to swap align, you can also sell puppy dog corpse to shop and finish the quest when you want an align boost.
    You get a small boost towards L+ when you give plain candy to kids (that even applies if you're character is an old male).

All Thrundarr quests give align boost towards L+ and wearing amulet of order while doing these are generally enough.
    Food trick mentioned above is also handy.

I don't really understand how much time pre-crown needs, I don't think I've ever done it (however I'm at the point now in a game where I have an L altar above bigroom and it may be doable).

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Killing Hotzenplotz for the sheriff in Terinyo gives you an amulet of order that pulls you towards L+ when worn, the slow way is to wear it while for example grinding herbs in bigroom.
    amulet of order only pulls you to L and not L+..also, wearing AoOrder doesnt impact your alignment gain from doing lawful acts....so the best strategy (other than what i said earlier ) is to goto a wilderness square, equip amulet of order and w5 till you are L. then unequip it (since it doesnt help now anf it might get destroyed) and do the various quests for alignment boost!

Amulet of order definitely pulls you all the way to L+ as long as you are below level 45 or so.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.