Thread: Pre RFE question about mist elves

Default Pre RFE question about mist elves

I'd really like to do an RFE asking for mist elves to have crowning restrictions removed, and I wanted to know if anyone else was open to that idea.

Here's the story as I know it:

A while back someone posted an RFE asking for restrictions on mist elf crowning gifts because they could get, say, ironfist. This makes sense, that's a junk artifact for a mist elf.

BUT. Based on my personal experience it looks like mist elves can't get crowned with any iron items (and maybe not even things like BoW, which shouldn't be iron but might actually be, and that's another topic).

Problem is, whoever suggested this original RFE really got the opposite of what they wanted: now mist elves are *more* likely to get junk artifacts like the scorched spear, and it's impossible to get really good stuff, like justifier, if you are a paladin, or executor if you are a ME duelist. Of course, the danger to the in the latter cases ME can be negated by wearing gloves.

Bottom line is that I'd rather risk getting ironfist if it means I might get executor.

Will anyone vote for this?

I don't understand why any weapons have been affected in the first place.
    There are plenty of non-iron gauntlets/gloves that protect MEs' skin from contact with iron.]
    Not that I play mist elves, I personally think the consequences are much more annoying than the benefits, but I would probably support your RFE.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 05-25-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I believe current behavior only applies the mist elf restrictions to the crowning artifact, not precrowns. So don't worry about the scorched spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    I don't understand why any weapons have been affected in the first place.
    There are plenty of non-iron gauntlets/gloves that protect MEs' skin from contact with iron.]
    Not that I play mist elves, I personally think the consequences are much more annoying than the benefits, but I would probably support your RFE.
    3 kinds of elves are enough imo, - i would like to play something like werevolf - a human that at certain night becomes werevolf (and say twice better (or nearly as this is not linear) attributes - could be interesting

Was that RFE seriously implemented? Mist Elves should be able to be crowned with anything iron - the Immune to Pain talent exists for a reason. Setting restrictions on crowning gift is a really horrible idea (I'd take BOW any day!!!)

Edit: also a larger problem is that many artifacts default to iron when they should probably not be... a powerful weapon like Executor is really iron? I would expect most artifacts to be of higher metal in the first place.
    Last edited by SirTheta; 05-26-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Yeah, fun stuff continues with Iron Crown of Havlor that's actually made of eternium...
    BoW are actually shining silver bracers and I think silver is anything but impure.

The game should be much more logical in this department, going as far as introducing other kinds of materials to match the existing artifact names that are otherwise misleading and in case of mist elves - potentially deadly.

Actually, it seem like a good solution would be just to give a pair of gloves when precrowning/crowning with an iron weapon. That fixes that problem.

I just want to make sure I understand this before I make the RFE: Is there any artifact other than ironfist that ME actually wouldn't want? Ring of immunity doesn't do damage since single rings are free, right?

And as far as what psy wombats said, I must have been really, really unlucky with the ME paladins I was playing a while back, because I crowned a bunch of times and never got justifier. Are we sure the restrictions don't apply to crowning too?

EDIT: I accidentally wrote ring of resistance rather than ring of immunity.

I recently rolled some dark elven paladins and cheated on piety to see what they get crowned with, since crowning gifts are set upon char creation.
    Supposedly, paladins should have a 33% chance to get crowned with their favorite weapon but the reality was different.
    I had to roll 13 (!) characters before I finally got one that would be crowned with Justifier.
    You might have simply been as unlucky with your ME pals as I was with DE ones.

Well, then your next 4 paladins will get Justifier ... MAYBE