Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lured into the trap again

Default Lured into the trap again

Today I thought "Welp, I haven't played this game in ages, let's have some fun!"

Random drake fighter failed to kill an outlaw. Orcish assassin did it. He is now on UD2, dealing with a mixed vault...

"A rune-covered club (120s) is lying here."

... Sonofabitch game...

EDIT: A few minuts after writing this, a fireball trap blew away half my HP, my armor and my iron ration. Payback is a bitch.

EDIT2: leather cloak (-1, 0), [+3, +3]? What is UP with this game?

EDIT3: Executor in Darkforge. Daaaaamn.

EDIT4: A CYCLOPS??!
    Last edited by Silfir; 07-23-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Since when was a cyclops tough? Though their thrown rocks can do some nasty damage...

Welcome back to the game at any rate Playing completely random characters is a lot of fun.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Cyclops is Thrundarr's first quest objective - I could kill one veeery quickly with Executor or Skullcrusher, but first I'd have to find him!

I'm level 15 already too, so I guess it's goodbye to killing Rehetep with the wand of fireballs.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

If you're level 15, killing the mummy should not be a big deal. Personally I've never had problems with him (the other monsters such as steel horrors are often way more dangerous). If you already raided the Darkforge I really have no clue why you haven't gone to the pyramid yet. I think it's much more dangerous to raid Darkforge using teleport than killing everything in the pyramid in melee.

Finding a cyclops is tricky - I would try the pyramid and if no luck, the cavernous TotHK levels.

I raided Darkforge because I was feeling dangerous and I wanted some decent armor. All I got was elven chain mail, and I could have gotten armor of that quality from the pyramid too. Pretty exciting raid though - escaped with my last scroll of teleportation with empty wand and nothing to recharge with. Fun!

Truth be told, I didn't make the "Rehetep is humanoid, I have Skullcrusher and Executor" connection at all.

Cyclops. Bleh. It's pyramid and High Kings tomb for me, then.

EDIT: "7 out of your bundle of 15 arrows of slaying are destroyed!" DICK FIRE DRAKE I'LL FEED YOU YOUR GENITALS DELICIOUSLY SEASONED WITH NUTMEG

EDIT2: Surge of power with the emerald dagger on D:14? Seriously?
    Last edited by Silfir; 07-24-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Wow, you are now in possession of all 3 one-handed humanoid slaying weapons that every melee character dreams of finding. Are you sure you're not playing a beastfighter...? Simply for the reason that you're playing an assassin I'd be tempted to use the dagger, but oh my word how I do love Executor...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Dual-wield?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

My orcish assassin is so butt-ugly the RNG probably thought she WAS a beastfighter or something.

Dual-wielding Executor and the emerald dagger is actually a definite option. No, if only that cyclops showed up so I could finally win the arena and trade in the gladius... (I want the Thrundarr quests because I still need a fireproof blanket.)

A bit sad is that I got both Basher and Mighty (Powerful, whatever) Strike during the time I had Skullcrusher but not Executor. To justify that my only choice is to later train polearms with the rune-covered trident and use the TotRR against Andy...

Waldenbrook sells a phase dagger. Not buying it yet because I have a dagger of penetration, which is several kinds of more awesome because it doesn't spam those pesky messages.

You could stick with Skullcrusher. I think they're pretty much equal in terms of power, balanced by the bad luck granted by Executor and the +12 to-hit of Skullcrusher.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Base damage Executor: 11-36.

Base damage Skullcrusher: 5-20. Fully basher-powered, 11-26.

Executor has 5 higher average damage, compared to 10 to hit and cursing... It's still better though. Every point of damage gets multiplied thanks to the slaying powers, those 5 average damage difference count for something. Plus I'd rather concentrate on the many nice talents I haven't yet gotten instead of taking Powerful Strike too.

Incidentally, I am now in possession of a girdle of strength +4 and gauntlets of strength +5. I estimate a death by ghost king tension room on D:47.

EDIT: Death by Master Mimic. See you again in a few months...
    Last edited by Silfir; 07-25-2009 at 10:43 AM.