Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alright, this is it!

To avoid derailing yet another thread to the subject of treasure hunter...

There is already a huge thread discussing the relative merits of the talent. If you are interested in finding out what people think about it or discussing more about treasure hunter, you can go there.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Those who say Treasure Hunter sucks have never actually won the game, nor even come close. Their whole presence on this forum is a charade, an overly complex troll in an attempt to stop true ADOM players from realising the great power of Treasure Hunter. Do not be fooled by them and their ludicrous suggestions.

I agree with drakeling and gnomish wizards though. Roll a drakeling with 20 Le and 20 To and you'll have an easy game. Being Cup-born helps to boost Le a little. Don't forget acid spit for many of the bosses.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Those who say Treasure Hunter sucks have never actually won the game, nor even come close. Their whole presence on this forum is a charade, an overly complex troll in an attempt to stop true ADOM players from realising the great power of Treasure Hunter. Do not be fooled by them and their ludicrous suggestions.

I agree with drakeling and gnomish wizards though. Roll a drakeling with 20 Le and 20 To and you'll have an easy game. Being Cup-born helps to boost Le a little. Don't forget acid spit for many of the bosses.
    I have won, with and without TH.

Treasure Hunter sucks.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Well I'm playing a Cup-born gnome wizard now and I'm at Dwarftown, still smooth sailing. Got a vault of jellies the level before DT that was a little tough to clear out, but the Spellbook of Teleportation I got out if it was well worth the trouble. Now I'm Lvl 14, have enough bolt spells to boot (Fire, Frost, Lightning) and have access to Teleportation and Teleport Control, which should make avoiding further trouble just so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post

Treasure Hunter sucks.
    I sometimes take TH and sometimes I don't take it. I usually find it more enjoyable to play *with* TH simply because I'll end up finding much more useful potions such as water, rings (djinni summoning, ice), wands (paralyzation, webbing, digging) and other junk. I don't have to scum for water. I don't have to pickpocket every humanoid I see.

Yes, you can play without treasure hunter, but I rather spend 3 talents on it than waste 3 hours of my real life time trying to find some water to bless my PoGA's. Most of the talents in Adom are not that useful anyway. Treasure hunter might not be a good choice if you don't know how to survive, but when you learn to play at a certain level, you don't need any talents to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post

Treasure Hunter sucks.
    Lies and subterfuge.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Those who say Treasure Hunter sucks have never actually won the game, nor even come close.
    If i have not won, when you and all yor fellow TH lover have not made out of Terinyo.

Although i thought we were using these nice juicy arguments in that thread linked above.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Toughness does not go down via starvation. Could be so nive and keep disinformation withing your rumorbook?
    Can you pass a single opportunity to take a shot at Andy and the Guidebook? I mean, really, it's to the point where you're acting like a troll.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

This... this is getting ridiculous! Well, obviously getting past the forest with Teleport + TC wasn't a problem, found two stable herb patterns giving me tons of stomafilia and morgia on the level before, and guess what that ring the werewolf lord dropped turned out to be?

I've played this game for hundreds and hundreds of times, but right after I make my first post here, the first character I decide to play is my first character ever to find a Ring of Djinni Summoning. As I've never before been in the position to wish for anything, I admit I never read much on the subject. What would be worth a wish for a Lvl 15 gnome wizard not aspiring for an ultra ending at that point in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    This... this is getting ridiculous! Well, obviously getting past the forest with Teleport + TC wasn't a problem, found two stable herb patterns giving me tons of stomafilia and morgia on the level before, and guess what that ring the werewolf lord dropped turned out to be?

I've played this game for hundreds and hundreds of times, but right after I make my first post here, the first character I decide to play is my first character ever to find a Ring of Djinni Summoning. As I've never before been in the position to wish for anything, I admit I never read much on the subject. What would be worth a wish for a Lvl 15 gnome wizard not aspiring for an ultra ending at that point in the game?
    Amulet of life saving, no question.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/