Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best r/c combo for ultra ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Archers of any race also make Andy easy since you can just farm up arrows of slaying which will kill Andy in about 50-60 turns.
    I killed him by elven ranger with humanid slaying ammo (my first win it was, it was yet in V15) and i remember it was not so long, more like 10 shots if not less (though i got very good stats there

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    According to the GB they can drop a corpse that increases strength and lowers willpower. So apparently, a board can leave a skull but no corpse, or leave a corpse but no skull. Conclusion: their corpse does not contain a skull. The skull is an object they may carry in a hidden extradimensional pocket.
    or skull may be destroyed when you hit 'em in a head

Never met a boar, never in all the games I have run...it's true that I never look for it so deep, but never even for mistake? Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Never met a boar, never in all the games I have run...it's true that I never look for it so deep, but never even for mistake? Where are they?
    once i fegularry hunted for them (with my rangers) and got even a collection of 30 skulls or so (maybe i remember it wrong but many, hunting for boars was a way to rise strength to +99 or so, I dont remember exactly as it was in V15 in more than 10 years ago
    Boears are common just move thru wilderness in level like 30 exp or higher,
    to mace hunt of them one should be preferably cursed or doomed (i dont remember) then encounters are much frequent,m but anyway they are just
    quite common wildernes snoop arounders

Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    Boears are common just move thru wilderness in level like 30 exp or higher
    Ah ok, that's the reason...if I'm level 30 I'm deep down the CoC trying to finish the game...sooner or later will try for ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    once i fegularry hunted for them (with my rangers) and got even a collection of 30 skulls or so (maybe i remember it wrong but many, hunting for boars was a way to rise strength to +99 or so, I dont remember exactly as it was in V15 in more than 10 years ago
    Boears are common just move thru wilderness in level like 30 exp or higher,
    to mace hunt of them one should be preferably cursed or doomed (i dont remember) then encounters are much frequent,m but anyway they are just
    quite common wildernes snoop arounders
    I think they are very rare because of players travel on the road or plains most of the time in wilderness, earlier post about forest squares was new info for me.

Giant boars start to appear as a forest encounter from level 15 onwards.

From level 25 onwards a big group of additional possible encounters is added, so it is advisable to get the skull before level 25.

Since forest is the terrain that produces the least encounters, it MAY be advisable to increase the chance of encounters by being cursed or doomed and thus save game time. If you know what you're doing that is.

A good time to get the skull is thus right after eating the oracle, when you're on your way to the next altar to clear cursing and dooming. Just keep looking on forest squares and stay clear of roads (lone necromancer->ghuls->doomed characters don't want that).

Oh, and as for the original topic: For an ultra ending Mindcrafters are very rewarding, because with a normal ending you don't get much opportunity to use the Greater Telekinetic Blast when you finally get it. With an ultra ending this is so much different, and you feel more rewarded for the early game struggle you had to face.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    According to the GB they can drop a corpse that increases strength and lowers willpower. So apparently, a board can leave a skull but no corpse, or leave a corpse but no skull. Conclusion: their corpse does not contain a skull. The skull is an object they may carry in a hidden extradimensional pocket.
    I get that this is a joke, but in-game boars can drop both at the same time.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

The boar skull is actually classified as a tool, or at least that is the item category it belongs to.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."