Thread: Blink Dog DL

Default Blink Dog DL

Whats the danger level for blink dogs? and what level of ID do they show up on? I got a very promising Dark Elf Paladin going, very rare for a DE to start with 17 To and 16 Str! The RNG has been very cruel though, hit by constant traps and nasty surprises including a mixed monster tension on PC3 with an ogre magi, 2 fire vortex, a berserker lord, and a couple dopplegangers. as if that wasnt bad enough, what do I find sitting on PC6 near the vault? a writhing mass of primal chaos!! Running from it I ended up getting teleportitis. ugh. I next a fix fast, what level can I get blink dog corpses?
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Danger level 3 I think. If you keep stairhopping in the ID between levels 3 and 4 you'll find one eventually.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    Whats the danger level for blink dogs? and what level of ID do they show up on? I got a very promising Dark Elf Paladin going, very rare for a DE to start with 17 To and 16 Str! The RNG has been very cruel though, hit by constant traps and nasty surprises including a mixed monster tension on PC3 with an ogre magi, 2 fire vortex, a berserker lord, and a couple dopplegangers. as if that wasnt bad enough, what do I find sitting on PC6 near the vault? a writhing mass of primal chaos!! Running from it I ended up getting teleportitis. ugh. I next a fix fast, what level can I get blink dog corpses?

Damn... that's just cruel. If I was that early getting this much S%#t from the RNG i would most likely quit and start over. Rolling another DE with 17 To shouldn't be THAT difficult. Especially a paladin.

The way that's going you are probably gonna find a river or two in the CoC and spider mobs with lightning vortexes in the Big Room should be guaranteed.... lol

Good luck... if that's possible.

EDIT: well...blink dogs. Id 3 to 6 might have'em. I found one or two around there when i needed one.

It is probably just my imagination but it feels like I find more blinkdogs in ID than anywhere else.

I have found blink dogs in ID:1.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

Perseverance! I got a feeling if I survive its horrors the RNG will reward me for my persistance! Either that, or if I manage to survive it'll just give me a feeling of accomplishment that I managed to beat the RNG.

good news is I managed to find a nice broadsword of the eagle. that +5 speed is helping me out quite a bit.
    Last edited by Sradac; 07-24-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.