Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Just Happened?

Default What Just Happened?

I'm stair hopping with a level 1 gnomish bard looking for some equipment at the start of the game.

I go down a flight of stairs and level up twice, I've attacked nothing, have only one kill listed - so what happened?

Some mob opened trapped door [likely explosion rune] to tension room. Well, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Some mob opened trapped door [likely explosion rune] to tension room. Well, maybe.
    How does a monster open a locked door? Do door smashing monsters generate on ID 2? (assuming that's the level they are on)

I didn't know you got xp from monsters setting off level generated traps

Jen-i , off topic, but you know there are newer versions of the game you can download and play for free right? Just like 1.1.1 best?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    How does a monster open a locked door? Do door smashing monsters generate on ID 2? (assuming that's the level they are on)

I didn't know you got xp from monsters setting off level generated traps
    Well, one does not need to open door to set off trap. Trying to open is enough, some traps once set off destroy doors.

IIRC, regular traps [fireball is somewhat buggy] don't credit kills, trapped doors do although.

There should have been at least some indication of that, like "you hear a distant explosion" or something else.
    I don't know if messages like these appear depending on the PC's perception score as low value would probably explain not seeing the message.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    There should have been at least some indication of that, like "you hear a distant explosion" or something else.
    I don't know if messages like these appear depending on the PC's perception score as low value would probably explain not seeing the message.
    i am rather sure trapped doors do not produce messages. "distant explosion" is fireball trap, no?

Not sure about 1.1 but in p23 display exp is false by default. With display experience=true it would be easier to determine cause.
    If already true then ignore what I just said...

Edit: but I agree its most likely a trap set off.

It is false in p23 by default (Why?! Why?!)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    It is false in p23 by default (Why?! Why?!)
    To some extent it draws your attention from the game, I think that was the reasoning.