Thread: Gate closer: Lillo, Dwarf Paladin

Default Gate closer: Lillo, Dwarf Paladin

My first victory in r59!

After some short lived test characters I decided to try a dwarf paladin, to get an easy early game... in fact the whole game was quite easy!
    I did my usual route in the early game (blanket, druid, puppy, coc), and the high pv made the game quite easy.
    The game was quite uneventful, and I had a lot of luck with pools: resistance to paralisis and petrification, two wishes (from the same pool!), only losing once teleport control. I used the wished to save Kelly and to get a girdle of giant strenght.
    It is the first time that I received Rolf's axe without receiving the shield... I don't know if it was because I completed the arena quest before visiting the mystic.
    Anyway since I could not complete Rolf's set I was a bit concerned about my damage potential, especially because Morodwyn decided to grant his champion the Hammer of the Gods. Anyway I did not have problems with the tomb, the ice domain (in spite of a GUV) and the ToEF (the wyrm went down with two dragon slayers).

After the tower and receiving the kitty ring, seeing that the character was very powerful I decided to pay a visit to the minotaur emperor... In retrospect I should have brought some scroll of magic mapping, but things turned out ok. I just lost lots of time and some equipment and stats. Anyway in the end all went ok, I ate Emperor Burger and got the axe and black thumb (...). After that the game was easy. I had no problem with any of the temples, I visited blue dragon caves, and finished D:50 without issues (in spite of a karmic wyrm tension room...).

Then since the character was so strong I decided to do some tourism, reaching the SIL for the first time, killing MaLaKaI and sacrifcing the scepter to the powers of law. Then I cleared the GUV in the Jarl's cave, finding the Silver Key and Nature's Companion.... Well, it would have been useful but in the end was not necessary. In the end I finished with the unicorn quest and then left the chain... Then I found out that the holy avenger was generated, but I never found it... oh well.

Shame I didn't pay attention to my first kill, I would have liked to make a detour to the scintillating cave, too.

Some observation: the new interface is nice, but sometimes some messages are easy to be missed; for example I missed some stat drain or item destruction... Moreover is it normal/intended that stat drains due to spells by liches/daemons/minotaur mages are not higlighted with colors?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by asdalol; 07-27-2015 at 03:04 PM.
    Gate closed with all classes but Chaos Knight! (Still no Ultra/OCG)

Quote Originally Posted by asdalol View Post
    Some observation: the new interface is nice, but sometimes some messages are easy to be missed; for example I missed some stat drain or item destruction..
    Yes I noticed some confusion sometimes is repeated last part of the message like some kind of echo, often there is not the [more] prompt and have to go to see messages to know what happened...

Oh, congrats for the victory, in this version I have just sacrificed another one to the cat lord.

Yeah, the kitty lord can be mean... I lost promising characters to panicking cat lords.
    Gate closed with all classes but Chaos Knight! (Still no Ultra/OCG)