Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: those questions to change

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    Well... How did they even figure out all that modifiers in the Guidebook? Or even a different question: how can *I* figure it out, without the Guidebook by hand?
    I'm almost certain that info is code-dived. You could probably figure it out by rolling a lot of characters and meticulously tracking the statistics, but random variations generally swamp the effect of the questions so it would be very difficult to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniqs
    Case 3: I don't see a reason to cherry-pick your stats besides boosting learning past 15 (for bonus skill advances) and mana past 17 (for heir talent).
    The questions do tend to be biased toward increasing your Le score, so if you're playing a marginal caster, it can be somewhat advantageous to use the questions to boost Le. Le is otherwise hard to train early, and casters with low learning kind of suck. If I recall correctly, when gut did his 5000 turn speedruns in 1.1.1, he used the questions to boost his starting Le up to 30 on GE wizards so he wouldn't have to read so many books.

The only other stat I would probably bother to try boosting is To, but the questions aren't favoured enough toward To for it to be worthwhile that I've ever noticed. Maybe as a mist elf where every point of To is important.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I've used the questions to get particularly strong/tough wizards/mindcrafters when I roll them which makes the early game a lot easier, but mostly I just choose random stats and don't worry about it.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family