Thread: New Greater Vaults

Default New Greater Vaults

I'll admit I haven't been playing much recently, but did I miss the change that added new greater vault types in a recent version? Just came across a vault that consisted of stone giant lords, ogre lords, fire giant kings, frost giant jarls, and a titan (and maybe a few other lesser types). Was good fun. The very experienced titan was a pretty formidable opponent and technically killed me at least twice (ie. I was crit down to 1 HP).

Anyway, has anyone else come across new greater vaults? Which types?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

By the way, what is it with that 1 HP? I've been brought down to 1 HP with hard hits a few times, but never to 2 or 3 HP, so I suppose this is a feature. Is it an intentional safety net against unfair critical hits? Is it guaranteed or does it depend on luck or something else?
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

It is a feature. If you have fate smiles intrinsic, and monster crits you to death, there is a chance of you surviving with 1 HP.

Yes, I run across giant vaults frequently.
    The fun starts when it's the vault type with sealed off central chamber, like air temple.
    There are ten titans inside and they truly are formidable, especially if you make the mistake of alerting them all at once to your presence.

Otherwise, there are no new vaults, like anon mentioned, this change was requested specifically because in all honesty, previous giant vaults were way too easy to clear.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 08-06-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I too was very pleased to see the new giant vault with fire giant kings and a titan. So pleased that I couldn't even be as angry as I wanted to be when the three weapons I had detected turned out to be Justifier, Cat's Claw ans Staff of the Wanderer.