Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mindcrafter advice

Default Mindcrafter advice

Hi there.
    I'm playing a human mindcrafter right now, and I'm looking for advice.

Right now I'm level 15, just after completing the first Thrundar quest. The problem is that I feel that this character is quite weak, and I don't think he can survive a trip through the animated forest/the dwarven halls, of kill Rehetep and survive without the wand of fireballs. Now I'm spending time mostly in the big room, farming spenseweed and hoping to find some good equipment.

Should I just grind to become stronger (I still have to go to the puppy cave and I did not enter any random dungeon yet) and skip the pyramid or do you think I can risk and just try to get the wand?

I attach the character info.
    Also: why do midcrafters have so horrible skill dice???

Thanks a lot!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gate closed with all classes but Chaos Knight! (Still no Ultra/OCG)

.get great book caster
    .use wand of wonder to gain spell knowledge
    .eat lots of claw bugs

mindcrafting is pretty lackluster even with high willpower scores, your level matters much more IIRC

Nice potion of training in the missile slot BTW

(Okay side note I think I got so irrationally mad at the fact that your in-game parents were so cruel to you idk why but it was like, "SUCCESSFUL, HATE THEIR KID, WHAT GIVES." I've never read that and I know it's just flavor text but oh MAN that got me heated for no reason.)

I, personally, go do the damn pyramid, regardless of my level of preparation, though YOU'RE in a specifically poor case, I realize, because of all the things you just can't do as a Mindcrafter. I think Telekinetic Blast can be used on undead, which might be the thing that will carry you through the tombs. If you have anything, well, neat, like door creation, or digging, I'd tell you to fight in a corner and hope for the best. I don't think it's wise to try and beat the game as such a weak class without the mummy wrapping (immunity to cold and death ray resistance are a must imo) unless you have those two aspects of the game somewhat covered, by intristics, or rings. I wouldn't freak out over having the Ankh, personally, but I do wear it often enough for me to say it supplements my playstyle as my preferred guaranteed amulet.

Basically, what I'm saying is, do the dang pyramid , or find a way to make up for not doing it, because if you don't? You might as well have died in the pyramid, fireball or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.
    - AlterAsc talks about the problem with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.
    - JellySlayer carrying one of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    Nice potion of training in the missile slot BTW
    Weird, I didn't notice that... thanks for the remark

Quote Originally Posted by Elitist View Post
    (Okay side note I think I got so irrationally mad at the fact that your in-game parents were so cruel to you idk why but it was like, "SUCCESSFUL, HATE THEIR KID, WHAT GIVES." I've never read that and I know it's just flavor text but oh MAN that got me heated for no reason.)

I, personally, go do the damn pyramid, regardless of my level of preparation, though YOU'RE in a specifically poor case, I realize, because of all the things you just can't do as a Mindcrafter. I think Telekinetic Blast can be used on undead, which might be the thing that will carry you through the tombs. If you have anything, well, neat, like door creation, or digging, I'd tell you to fight in a corner and hope for the best. I don't think it's wise to try and beat the game as such a weak class without the mummy wrapping (immunity to cold and death ray resistance are a must imo) unless you have those two aspects of the game somewhat covered, by intristics, or rings. I wouldn't freak out over having the Ankh, personally, but I do wear it often enough for me to say it supplements my playstyle as my preferred guaranteed amulet.

Basically, what I'm saying is, do the dang pyramid , or find a way to make up for not doing it, because if you don't? You might as well have died in the pyramid, fireball or not.
    Yeah, I was thinking about trying the Pyramid anyway. I never skipped that dungeon, and I agree on the awesomeness of the AMW and the Ankh. I have some undead slayers, but I don't think that is going to make a difference. Maybe I can try to grind a couple of levels in the Pyramid.

Pyramid is not necessary to beat the game. And I don't think that AMW is so awesome as armor.
    It's bad that you skipped the puppy cave, there can be decent loot: weapons, shields etc.
    Even otherwise useless scroll of darkness can be very helpful in the animated forest.

He skipped PC but that doesn't mean he can't go there now, that's what I'd do, if only for the vault.
    It might very well give him a nice weapon or another piece of useful armor.
    Heikki yesterday went to PC vault, cleared it and in the process got a randomly generated Preserver.
    Talk about luck.
    If this mindcrafter was half as lucky with items, that's more than enough reason to go the the vault first.
    Pyramid closes when you hit lvl 17 which means he should still be able to get there after clearing the PC vault, just keep a tight grip on xp progression.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

You could go to the assassins guild level 2 and use your scroll of item detection to find the wand of teleportation. As a mindcrafter you don't even need the pick axe to get it. That should be a big help in Dwarven Halls in case you run into something nasty and to minimize the time spent there. The potion of invisibility could help there as well. Or you could use the wand in the pyramid to escape if things get difficult. Also, you could explore the levels between DT and DH in the hope of finding better weapons and money (for training St and To with Garth). Going to the DH is always a risk but I usually take it because the Pyramid fight can get quite nasty depending on the monsters generated.

Quote Originally Posted by Feorg View Post
    You could go to the assassins guild level 2 and use your scroll of item detection to find the wand of teleportation. As a mindcrafter you don't even need the pick axe to get it. That should be a big help in Dwarven Halls in case you run into something nasty and to minimize the time spent there. The potion of invisibility could help there as well. Or you could use the wand in the pyramid to escape if things get difficult. Also, you could explore the levels between DT and DH in the hope of finding better weapons and money (for training St and To with Garth). Going to the DH is always a risk but I usually take it because the Pyramid fight can get quite nasty depending on the monsters generated.
    That's actually a very good point!

That went pretty well.
    I decided to go to the puppy cave and in the shadowy dungeon, with the idea to get close to level 17 before going in the pyramid.
    I was lucky enough to find some more crystals of fire thanks to the ants, and I got the wand of telportation from the VDDL (usually I'm more careful about scrolls/wands of item detections at this point of the game, because of that teleportation wand...). In the end I got to level 17 in the pyramid, I used the crystals to roast Rehetep while invisible and then teleported away to safety with my loot. I was also quite lucky with the monsters at the top level of the pyramid: this time no gorgons or dorn beasts, just a giant slug, though of course it didn't drop a corpse.

Thanks for your help! I wonder how long this mindcrafter will survive...