Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mindcrafter advice

Quote Originally Posted by asdalol View Post
    There were a couple of weapons (a grey one and a brown one) in the greater vault in the frost giant cave, but it is a fire vault and without fire immunity I didn't feel terribly comfortable to deal with that when I went there. Other weapons I have seen were my nice divine gifts: black thumb (pre) and the staff of the wanderer (crown).
    Hard to tell from the colors. I wouldn't count on the brown artifact being any good, but grey might be worth a look. Depending on the vault configuration, you could probably just teleport in and grab the artifact if you don't want to kill all of the dragons.

Speaking of crowning: if I'm not mistaken this is about my fourth character in a row to receive acid immunity upon crowning... is it a coincidence or anybody else observed a similar behaviour?
    Probably coincidence. Note that you won't get an immunity if you already have that one from gear, so, for example, if you're wearing the AMW, you'll never get cold immunity.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Hard to tell from the colors. I wouldn't count on the brown artifact being any good,
    Brown weapon...could be skullcrusher?

New update: flawless victory!

After descending a few level I found the greater vault: a GUV, of course. I ran away and never looked back.
    I reached D:48 and then went to the Unreal Caves. There I found a tension room of ghost kings, but also a crown of fire, so I decided to run away and clear the vault in the giant caves. I used a few potions of extra healing and some spenseweed but in the end it was not that hard. As for the rewards: Staff of the Archmagi and Hammer of the Gods! And then a few levels, a sword of sharpness, two phase daggers, a rods and a wand of wishing (2 charges). I wished for a girdle of giant strenght, potions of youth to recover somewhat from the ghost kings and kept the others for emergencies. Even if the artifacts suck my character became significantly stronger, and started to use a phase dagger (buffed with some scrolls) as my new main weapon.

Back in the CoC I cleared the air (easy with GTB) and earth (easy with phase dagger) temples and with the help of some greater molochs i reached level 36: finally I got the rune covered trident. With the trident I got rid of the ghost kings (even tough in the end I was 66 years old) and then went on to get the mana orb. The archmage drained some stats but it was not a vary hard fight.

Then I went on to close the gate: the potion of useless gift was the obsidian quarrel (finally a good divine gift!) and then I cleared D:50 without any problem. Then I used my last wishes to remove extra aging and removed corruption with the unicorn quest.

That was a fun character. The early game was much harder than the one I had with my other gate closers (granted, they had much easier classes), and the RNG at first surely didn't help, but then the late game was definitely easier (as usual, but I think that with this character it was more evident) and the RNG became much more forgiving.

Anyway thanks a lot for following Lullo's adventure and for all the advice!
    Gate closed with all classes but Chaos Knight! (Still no Ultra/OCG)