Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Late game still unchallenging

Quote Originally Posted by Kordianus View Post
    For me as a long time supporter of the game that is disappointing but that's life....
    And by supporting you of course mean enjoying completely for free. You also seem to remain oblivious to the fact that many other long time "supporters" generally disagree with you.

And I REFUSE to use self imposed restriction as an argument for bad game design. Sorry guys... Balancing is dungeon master's job. Also with this logic we should stop making any changes to balance altogether. Stat potentials should be as they were from the begining of Adom, seven league boots why bother nerfing them? why making changes to minotaur maze?
    The sad part is that Team ADOM has very limited practical experience with the game. Thomas created ADOM and then fanbase adjusted to its mechanics. I'm not sure he is capable of balancing the game without spending a couple of dozen hours for several wins.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by manseman View Post
    And by supporting you of course mean enjoying completely for free. You also seem to remain oblivious to the fact that many other long time "supporters" generally disagree with you.
    People disagree with me that there is a slump in challenge in the engame? Hmm... interesting. Since this notion is on the forums for quite some time....
    Also, from what I saw in this discussion people who play the game the longest do not *disagree* with me in the core of the problem with endgame. They may not like my particular solution but they do agree there is an issue.

Oh... and this "completely for free..." BS. You are kidding right? I will not even dignify this with a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    The sad part is that Team ADOM has very limited practical experience with the game. Thomas created ADOM and then fanbase adjusted to its mechanics. I'm not sure he is capable of balancing the game without spending a couple of dozen hours for several wins.
    Yup. That is why there is the forum where people who actually play the game can exchange ideas about what is best in terms of balancing....
    Last edited by Kordianus; 09-22-2015 at 02:56 PM.

People disagree with me that there is a slump in challenge in the engame? Hmm... interesting. Since this notion is on the forums for quite some time....
    No, disagreeing with you that the endgame challenge needs to be fixed in the ways you propose for the reasons you have, personally. There are many suggestions on how to make the endgame more challenging but you simply refuse to accept anything other than your own way.

You have spoiled the game for yourself and now you're disappointed that it won't be fixed for you. You haven't paid a nickel for the game. You haven't contributed in any way. You just complain and whine that it won't be altered to suit you,

Oh... and this "completely for free..." BS. You are kidding right? I will not even dignify this with a comment.
    Yeah, you do seem to make a habit of ignoring things you cannot really argue against.

Complaining that the game is too easy after using spoilers is like complaining that your head hurts after banging it repeatedly against the wall.
    Last edited by manseman; 09-22-2015 at 03:11 PM.

No, disagreeing with you that the endgame challenge needs to be fixed in the ways you propose for the reasons you have, personally. There are many suggestions on how to make the endgame more challenging but you simply refuse to accept anything other than your own way.
    I have actually agreed with a lot of people in this forum and with their suggestions on how to tweak endgame. But apparently you see only what you want to see...

ou haven't paid a nickel for the game. You haven't contributed in any way. You just complain and whine that it won't be altered to suit you,
    Yeah, you do seem to make a habit of ignoring things you cannot really argue against. (..)
    Funny....Chew on this...
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldsmue99b...46mW4uCla?dl=0
    Last edited by Kordianus; 09-22-2015 at 03:21 PM.

I have actually agreed with a lot of people in this forum and with their suggestions on how to tweak endgame. But apparently you see only what you want to see...

Funny....Chew on this...
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldsmue99b...46mW4uCla?dl=0
    All right, I'm terribly mistaken. You have paid something like two hours salary. Clearly this entitles you to having the game tweaked for you, personally.

Fact remains. You've broken the game for yourself and you refuse to accept that.

Yup. That is why there is the forum where people who actually play the game can exchange ideas about what is best in terms of balancing....
    The amount of idea-exchanging in this thread is probably around 5%.
    The amount of flaming is pretty entertaining, but you won't get anywhere without creating RFEs.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

All right, I'm terribly mistaken. You have paid something like two hours salary. Clearly this entitles you to having the game tweaked for you, personally.
    Fact remains. You've broken the game for yourself and you refuse to accept that.
    Yes you are right. You are terribly mistaken. On this we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    The amount of idea-exchanging in this thread is probably around 5%.
    The amount of flaming is pretty entertaining, but you won't get anywhere without creating RFEs.
    Not really interested in changing anything anymore. It is pointless effort.
    Last edited by Kordianus; 09-22-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Yes you are right. You are terribly mistaken.
    Are you still here? Didn't you decide to stop playing this silly game?

Are you still here? Didn't you decide to stop playing this silly game?
    Right now you entertain me more than ADOM does . I am here for you darling.