Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous luck

Quote Originally Posted by nanomage View Post
    so this is who's draining all the luck. And here i was wondering why I'm starting to forget how an AoLS looks like or how to spell league.
    RNG even went as far as to mock my last ratling paladin - the whip of slaughtering that I've gotten last was (-4, 2d5)
    Whips probably can be seen either with the suffix "of slaughtering" +1 damage die, +2 to dice value or as the rare "whip of slaughtering" -4, 1d30.
    Interesting naming choice there.

I'm desperate - my latest HE druid that I really wanted to do an UNE, is affected by extreme case of "screw you no AoLS ever", as well as 3 or 4 promising chars before them. No AoLS or wishes (or SLB, not that they matter) in CoC, frost caves, ToHK, Library, ToEFl, maze, all Rs, or darkforge. Looks like Khelly is not gonna make it through this one, and an amazing prospect of a UNE is wasted. And to add insult to injury, he actually has 13 spell knowledge in Divine Intervention (5160 pp to cast) . If there is indeed an RNG twist that makes it generate better items in exchange for taking higher risk, I would very much like to understand how it works.

From my experience it feels as though characters with extremely low str find better equipment, that is not tested properly however. Also my experience is that skipping to an extremely out of depth dungeon yields far better rewards, but with the obvious risks.

Just an update in this character, had a few hours to play.

I didn't realize that summon monster was a recharge pp button for necromancers! Seriously, shadow touch is amazing! Never used it with my other necro's but this one is killing chaos warriors unarmed and gaining mana for it, he's up to 83 mana with no grinding.

On a related side note, shadow touch is only a chaotic act if used on a non-chaotic creature. So I'm comfortably l+

Sometimes the whole game is paved with awesome finds isnt it?

I just had a ME thief who found whirlwind on Barnabas shop, 7LB's on PC:6 and 3 mixed vaults on UD.

He died to a thrown rock by an out-of-sight stone giant upon arrival in HMV thou... ¬¬
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

I just won with a guy that found three wands of wishing (5 charges, 0 and 0). Wrote that down on his flag file, since I probably won't see that again

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    Sometimes the whole game is paved with awesome finds isnt it?

I just had a ME thief who found whirlwind on Barnabas shop, 7LB's on PC:6 and 3 mixed vaults on UD.

He died to a thrown rock by an out-of-sight stone giant upon arrival in HMV thou... ¬¬
    I set my tactics on cowardly and equip a shield precisely for that reason. The near guaranteed Stone Giant Lord is so deadly at that point in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    I set my tactics on cowardly and equip a shield precisely for that reason. The near guaranteed Stone Giant Lord is so deadly at that point in the game.
    I found the SGL and he was friendly. Then a regular SG came.... that bastard.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    I found the SGL and he was friendly. Then a regular SG came.... that bastard.
    So there was a female stone giant with him?

Just an update, had a few hours to play, and this ME is bashing balors to death with his fist. I had decided to go ultra with him, because it's been a while. So I am descending into the ID hoping my first kill was a giant rat not a normal rat, only 69 vs. 187. Was going to go archmage with him too but I stupidly carried the spellbook with me into the dragon caves.... Oops! No fear of death, he's overpowered with 99 mana, contemplating potion of exchange because all my other stats are in the 50's and I have a long way to walk.