Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous luck

Huge luck and then maybe not, found scorched spear in ud, then realising it's a slow training weapon for duelists ...

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Huge luck and then maybe not, found scorched spear in ud, then realising it's a slow training weapon for duelists ...
    RNG QOTD (every day).

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    No fear of death
    And those were his last words...
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

It happened again. I have a lvl 15 rattling duelist this time, and again I find a wand of wishing with 5 charges in the NDC, this time a bandit dropped it. Earlier I found grod in the pyramid and a ring of djinni summoning. I think NDC may have a really good chance of dropping wands of wishing. And being lvl 13 in pyramid may drop artifacts? I don't know, has anyone else had this happen?

I had a surge of power in pyramid not long ago.
    I was level 13 and it was the first level.
    Some named troll guarded the fucking black tome.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I once had cloak of oman drop in pyramid, level 2.
    Random loot from a mummy or something, quite similar to the OP.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    I had a surge of power in pyramid not long ago.
    I was level 13 and it was the first level.
    Some named troll guarded the fucking black tome.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I once had cloak of oman drop in pyramid, level 2.
    Random loot from a mummy or something, quite similar to the OP.
    I've had Nature's Friend surge of power in the Pyramid. Twice! While playing duelists!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    It happened again. I have a lvl 15 rattling duelist this time, and again I find a wand of wishing with 5 charges in the NDC, this time a bandit dropped it. Earlier I found grod in the pyramid and a ring of djinni summoning. I think NDC may have a really good chance of dropping wands of wishing. And being lvl 13 in pyramid may drop artifacts? I don't know, has anyone else had this happen?
    I have had five or six wands of wishing drop since I started playing, roughly one every two years. Two of those were in the NDC, and curiously, came from the same monster in both instances (an outlaw leader). I don't think that place is more likely to drop those wands, though, it's just a combination of having the necessary danger level and mere coincidence.

As for the Pyramid, it is a somewhat high DL location, and that enables several of the nice artifacts to show up. I never had any, but many YAVPs and YAPTs in this forum mention getting them as both random drops and surges of power.
    "And light there be!"

I just find it odd that I have 2 characters find a wand of wishing with 5 charges within weeks of each other. There's seriously only been about 6 characters since my last one that found it. And they both found it in the NDC directly after getting an artifact random drop in the pyramid. (Not surge of power, that's never happened to me in the pyramid)

I just feel the need to post this, my 5th character in a row has found a wand of wishing 5 charges. This time I pick pocketed it from a stone giant lord on d27. I'm either way too lucky or wands of wishing are way more common than they used to be. I remember going 8 years with never finding the wand of wishing, I've only ever found 2 before I started playing again this past spring, 1 on d50, and 1 in the quickling tree. Now I've found 2 in the level above darkforge, 1 in water dragon caves, 1 in d27, and 2 in FGJC5.

Getting 3 wishes from 7 sips from a pool was extremely lucky. Since I needed to save Khelly I took AoLS and with the remaining two I grabbed a bunch of acid ball books.