Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous luck

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    My last winning character found this:

uncursed eternium two-handed sword of devastation (+15, 10d5+27) [-1, +0]

and of course she was beastfighter.
    My last character found that weapon but had a +19 dv shield from smithing and Purifier in the right hand so there was no reason to ever use it :|

A gray elf that skipped smc/ud found a 2d9 weapon in PC, bloody dagger on the way to dwarf town and then bought a spear of devastation from dwarf shoppe.

Game do however troll me with 5 potential potions of dexterity and none of toughness so far.

and now the same monk crowns with robes of resistance and finds this baby in darkforge:
    Code:
    RH: blessed eternium two-handed sword of devastation (+21, 10d5+26) [-1, +0]

One-handed weapons ('(')
       uncursed bloody dagger (+3, 2d3+5)                                 [10s]
       blessed spear of devastation (+2, 5d8+6)                           [50s]
       uncursed orcish knife of penetration (+0, 1d3+2)                   [10s]

On vacation playing a bit of Adom as usual, after a few deaths I roll a
    Human assassin:
    Spear of mayhem in very early game.
    Found aols.
    Darkforge gave RDSM.
    A random boar dropped skull.
    Early Coc had scroll shop in with scroll of danger and a book shop with lots of nice spells that I'll probably never use.
    Milked a potion shop for lots of water and booze.
    Got stable moss/morgia on non cavernous lvls.
    Game's been raining wraith corpses so To at 30 after both graveyards.
    Found wand of monster creation without looking for it.
    Got scrolls of chaos removal from mystic.
    On the way up from wall of flames and water temple a random dark orc droppe a glowing wand, ie wand of wishing 5 charges.

I looked back at my first kill in disgust ... 39 rats, oh well ...

(Yes I did have some bad luck and bad play as well but leagues away from the good luck.)

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    I looked back at my first kill in disgust ... 39 rats, oh well ...
    Thats why i start off by going searching in the Swamps south of Lawenilothehl for a group of Giant Frogs ... they're relatively rarely seen in dungeons, yet dancing around in swamp tiles in the wilds, can bring them up relatively easily for Courage
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Thats why i start off by going searching in the Swamps south of Lawenilothehl for a group of Giant Frogs ... they're relatively rarely seen in dungeons, yet dancing around in swamp tiles in the wilds, can bring them up relatively easily for Courage
    Yes I know there's also muggers and other stuff but well I didn't expect the unexpected.

Ridiculous luck at start, then RNG spoiled the party.

I was strolling around in FGJC and got the following: You feel truly excited. You feel a surge of power. Haven't seen that before. So, I proceeded to clear the greater fire vault and got the gauntlets of eternal peace from the surge of power. Which was actually useful item since there was 12+ wyrms in the inner sanctum of the vault and I was playing a wiz. The rest of the artifacts were utter shit tho, Black tome, long sting and soaker was in there iirc. Got loads of other goodies from there though.

My first genuine Ultra-attempt character had an absurd amount of breaks cut for him. I found two AoLS before getting to Khelevastar, and over the course of the game I think I received 8 wishes between one wand and various rings.

Of course he was brutally murdered by Andor Drakkon, but seeing as he was the very first character I've even gotten through the chaos gate, I'm still very pleased with his performance... I had never done the Blue Dragon Caves before and was pretty blown away by the difficulty level of the optional areas of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansku View Post
    Ridiculous luck at start, then RNG spoiled the party.

I was strolling around in FGJC and got the following: You feel truly excited. You feel a surge of power.
    FGJC4 is a guaranteed Greater Vault
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Had 1 character as a whip only barbarian find a whip of slaughtering right next to stairs in FGJC5. So I wiped out the greater dragon vault then and there figured it was a sign.

Had my troll necro find a WoW in level above dark forge at Level 12, and RoDS in UD before that. So 7(!) wishes later, got all my useful potentials up to 25 or so and my Le up to 21, and AoLS plus slb's. Proceeded to wipe out darkforge in melee. Got to lvl 14 that way!