Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous luck

Default Ridiculous luck

So, I was wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen; I started a ME necromancer, had horrible physical stats, so I equipped him with a whip, and just did my usual routine; saved the puppy, took out raider lord then killed outlaw guy, all by lvl 5. Got healing, jumped to smc, got out of HMV about lvl 13, took out pyramid, here's where it get weird, I still have 10 To and 9 str but 40 Ma and a random greater mummy dropped the cloak of Oman. So after that I'm still lvl 13, I found iceball, went to darkforge and a random wight drops a WoW with 5! Charges. Got slb's AoLs, whip of slaughtering, eternium full plate (was hoping for pre/suffix because 4 are often generated) and saved the rest. I took out all of darkforge, nothing good, so went to r2 found preserver.

So here's my question, has anyone else been rewarded by the rng when they went to out of depth locations? Or for having 9 str? This is an extreme example, but most of my mist elfs seem to get amazing rewards for risking their lives at early levels.

I want to say less weight carrying potential overall generates lighter items of quality. As for ME's, not everything you get is wearable, I figured they got slightly better things because they can't use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.
    - AlterAsc talks about the problem with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.
    - JellySlayer carrying one of my characters.

I have felt like the rng is weighted so that it is more likely to reward you for taking risks or enduring the odds stacked against you in various ways, but I've no proof of it, it might just be placebo effect.

I get the same feeling, as I've had ME and hurthlings both get super lucky when their str stat is below 10 as well as getting lucky in dangerous areas. I think after I win with this guy, I'll try a low str rattling or hurthling without training the stat and see what happens. Then I'll try a different character out in a super dangerous area to see what happens

Prepare for your next 9 games to be the shittiest RNG gore fests of your life, you've exhausted 10 games worth of luck.
    Preserver in R2? Fuck it man, that alone guarantees some insta-gib opportunities soon, better keep it equipped all the time.
    Otherwise, the next turn after taking it off, a stone ooze will get teleported by a random trap right next to you, permalyze you and proceed to shred your ass.
    Or better yet, your cloak will teleport you to the exact wrong spot.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 11-03-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Thanks for that, that just made my day! I do have to say, right after I got each of these items I started to get really paranoid. The RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away...

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    So, I was wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen; I started a ME necromancer, had horrible physical stats, so I equipped him with a whip, and just did my usual routine; saved the puppy, took out raider lord then killed outlaw guy, all by lvl 5. Got healing, jumped to smc, got out of HMV about lvl 13, took out pyramid, here's where it get weird, I still have 10 To and 9 str but 40 Ma and a random greater mummy dropped the cloak of Oman. So after that I'm still lvl 13, I found iceball, went to darkforge and a random wight drops a WoW with 5! Charges. Got slb's AoLs, whip of slaughtering, eternium full plate (was hoping for pre/suffix because 4 are often generated) and saved the rest. I took out all of darkforge, nothing good, so went to r2 found preserver.

So here's my question, has anyone else been rewarded by the rng when they went to out of depth locations? Or for having 9 str? This is an extreme example, but most of my mist elfs seem to get amazing rewards for risking their lives at early levels.
    Most extreme in early game was a dark elven priest that walked out of hmw with preserver, more than 20 pv and a good weapon.
    Worst was probably recent orc wizard that had like 10-15 pv and no good weapon at dwarf town.
    It's maybe supposed to even out in the long run but that wizard had really bad rng for drops.
    I've finished with a bard that got really nice drops but nothing exceptional in the early game.

A little off topic, but how come you don't burden yourself and train strength up? Or pay Garth, or eat ogre/giant type corpses, or use potions?

I do, I got my str up to max, which is 12, then I book cast strength of atlas to train my mana while I fought exclusively with a whip so I could use my Dex score. After a while I encountered 3 different book rooms which gave me -1 str each time with no way to train my str except corpses, which just didn't appear. Also keep in mind that I didnt go to dwarf town until after destroying darkforge, and r1-5. Also as a mist elf I get crappy shop prices for junk, so I don't have the gold to waste on a useless stat like str. I also save my stat potions until I can get enough potential potions to train my stats to at least 26 via 'natural' means, so that my final stats are ridiculous.

so this is who's draining all the luck. And here i was wondering why I'm starting to forget how an AoLS looks like or how to spell league.
    RNG even went as far as to mock my last ratling paladin - the whip of slaughtering that I've gotten last was (-4, 2d5)