Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultra ending , advice needed

Default Ultra ending , advice needed

Hi everyone , i'm currently attenpting an ultra , i have yet saved khely , fed the demented ratling , collect the medal of chaos , and kill the snake from beyond , i'm wondering if it is safe to be crowned now , or if i should wait to collect the Trident of the red rooster ( previously i have become a fale champion right before i give the crumpled scroll to khela ) , any idea ? and i'm approching the 90 day limit , but don't know if i' strong enought to defeat keriax x)

( and sorry for my bad english )

Depends on what alignment you are going for, chaotic, no don't get crowned, any other alignment, yes. And keriax isn't all that hard if you wait until after the filk quest, and don't melee him.

i'm wanting to be crowned on N= alignement , so i guess i will go for it ( and hoping for justifier ! ) , and i was planing to kill keriax after obtaining the trident , so i'll wait to defeat that corrupted thing , i'm just wondering if i will go for the Minotor maze before the ToEF or after , and basting the minotoreperor with some nice fireball

thank's for the answer

Yes, you *can* crown.

However, maintaining neutral is difficult, and you will likely move to N+ or N- by completing quests, killing things, etc - and then you will want to fix that before doing much else. I accidentally fell from grace as a N-crown by backstabbing a neutral after doing some pick-pocketing, ruining an ultra.

Personally I might not crown because I don't like having to keep a close watch on my alignment when I can't force it really far in one direction like I can for L+ or C-. If you do crown, make sure you have easy ways to change your alignment (Pick-pocketing and a whip are good.)

I usually yo-yo a lot betwen NC and CN in the end game, but if you're going for a L or N Ultra and your class has decent crowning gifts (like Paladin's Justifier) then definitely crown. You usually know ahead of time when you'll be comitting a Chaotic act (i.e. killing unicorn, digging graves), so in those situations wear a blessed amulet of balance - it reduces all alignment shifts by 1/8th of their total value. I'm not sure if killing White unicorn would bring you down to C even with the amulet, but it might prevent it.

Also, if you shift too far down you can always sac a bunch more gold to shift alignment towards N=/L+, or wear a blessed amulet of order/chaos to shift you in the direction you need to be closer to N=.

I'm pretty sure he said that he already got the medal, so he should be fresh out of quests at this point .

Also maintaining alignment isn't hard, just kick an unaware monster before you pickpocket him. I pickpocket while l+ all the time. And grave robbing doesn't shift your alignment much if you use a wand of digging for the deed, then killing the liches that spawn gain you lawful points if you're already lawful, so it's a wash.

All is going well , i just killed Srraxxarrakex with my great crossbow far slaying and some nice ammo of dragon slaying , clean the blue cave , and i have 5 wish to use , i don't know what to wish , maybe an AoLS , or Girdle of giant strenght and some corruptin removal scroll , or magical writing set , or few greater moloch , we'll see ! never face AD , and i hope not to fall against him , ( or nuurag , the guardian of the mana temple , i've already loose plenty of promosing character to him

Save the wishes of you are strong enough, and use them all at the end for speed- it'll be a cakewalk!

will i need speed so bad?

Nope, but when you wish for speed you get 200-300 speed boost per wish, it can make Andy super easy