Thread: YAVP: Grruna closed the gate

Default YAVP: Grruna closed the gate

So... female gnome barbarian... basically, I started out with Heir gift. Got Healing, fetched blanket, and then dived to Dwarftown. In a level before DH/AF I found an altar and decided to go for crowning (since I had found no AoLS yet). After getting crowned, I did TOHK and Portal quest, chatted to the dying sage and less than 30 minutes later I found a ring of djinni summoning! It was too late for ultra, so the game decided to mock me a little more, and I found 2 more.

I took Find Weakness with one of the wishes, and another one I used for ultra healings. I had 3 corruptions by level 18, because I wasted time getting crowned on a level with background corruption, so I decided to be try a very target-oriented strategy. I did the Ice Queen quests (1st and 2nd) and used the potions to limit the damage of corruptions, and simply dived. I got the cat's ring, ignored a couple of vaults between D40 and D48. On D49 I used a potion of uselessness to move and the Gods gave me Purifier, my third artifact weapon after Big Punch and Grod. I dug around D50 to limit the number of opponents, killed 2 balors and a bunch of chaos bastards, blocked first lever with monster creation+doors, destroyed second lever with item destruction and used my single scroll of teleport to run away.

Gate closed at lvl 36, I just went to kill the black unicorn to get corruptions removed and get back my 15 Appearence, which for a she-gnome is pretty hot.

EDIT: there you go, attachment added
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tam; 11-25-2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added file

Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    Gate closed at lvl 36, I just went to kill the black unicorn to get corruptions removed and get back my 15 Appearence, which for a she-gnome is pretty hot.
    I'm so tempted to put this in my signature.

Well done! Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.
    - AlterAsc talks about the problem with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.
    - JellySlayer carrying one of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitist View Post
    I'm so tempted to put this in my signature.

Well done! Congrats.
    Thx, I have no idea how to include the character log in the message, but whatev

EDIT: did it
    Last edited by tam; 11-25-2015 at 11:16 AM.