Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard gainer DE, can't get STR up

Eating the boar corpse increases strength (maybe?, not sure if it'll take you over the cap) but keep in mind does kill willpower also. It gives a message like "you feel wild" or "you feel furious" or something like that.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Just keep munching those giants, it's gotta work eventually. Sometimes (or mb it's some of corpses), that'll increase the cap. Generally, jarls and kings are the ones that have more of a guaranteed effect.
    Your other options are the minotaur emperor (hits Wi severely), ACW, ASB and Keriax. If your willpower is within herb-trainable levels, I'd say eat the boars as well - I'm not sure if they push St through potentials like those 4 ones. Moloch corpses seemed to add St and To in exchange for Dx iirc - again don't know about how they interact with caps.
    Also, you can resort to drinking a potion of exchange - uncursed is best I think.
    Last edited by nanomage; 11-30-2015 at 03:17 AM.

The most important ways of training stats aren't affected by potentials. There's plenty of PoGA and other potions around that you'll come across that will fix this pretty easily. It's pretty common to have all of the important stats in the 30s by the time you hit level 25 without much in the way of grinding.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Stone giants are the best, I seem to be getting more increases from them than any other giants, especially for potentials.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Stone giants are the best, I seem to be getting more increases from them than any other giants, especially for potentials.
    I've eaten a ton of giants but gotten nothing. Guess it will take the jarls/berserkers/kings