Thread: Increased Chance to Crit Stacking

Default Increased Chance to Crit Stacking

Hi everyone,

I remember reading in an old thread that the chance to crit property on multiple items stacks (for example Grod and the Bracers of War)

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

If so has any testing been done on the actual increase in critical chance on each of the items that have the property, or is it the same quantity of bonus for each?

Thanks!
    Last edited by klawz; 12-07-2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Fix Grod autocorrect to From

Yes, items that increase criticals stack, in addition to the skill, but it feels to me as though getting above 50% chance is pretty impossible. The exception to the rule is two weapons that increase criticals don't stack, such as two bloody daggers.

If you want something a bit more empirical, I'd suggest you check one of the spoiler sites out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    but it feels to me as though getting above 50% chance is pretty impossible.
    Sure is. Sure isn't impossible. (sorry, mixed my negatives)

The exception to the rule is two weapons that increase criticals don't stack, such as two bloody daggers.
    Why exception? You make two hits, so there are two independent calculations.

If you want something a bit more empirical, I'd suggest you check one of the spoiler sites out there.
    I'll save you time:

I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Good to know! thank you for the insight! I see why my personal calculations didn't add up now. And I see your point about the two weapons, but I was thinking from the perspective of one weapon adding onto the other per hit.

Thanks for the replies guys so if I have my maths right (which I probably don't) an example would be:

Quote Originally Posted by klawz View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys so if I have my maths right (which I probably don't) an example would be:

Well, that's precisely what total probability should be.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by klawz View Post

The chance to not crit with those mods is 0.95*0.8*0.92*0.6 = 0.42, so the chance to crit is 1-0.42 = 0.58 = 58%
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Don't forget you can also add ring of master cast (16%) + assassin class ability (20%)
    5+20+8+40+16+20 means you can get to approx 70%.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

so just to clarify, If you wield two bloody daggers, will you roll two crit calculations per each attack or just one per each attack? Is the dagger in your left hand affecting your crit chance with your right?

The bloody dagger will roll it's crit chance for itself not its companion dagger.