Thread: Oh alchemy why can't we just be friends?

Default Oh alchemy why can't we just be friends?

This is two parts stupid death and feature request. So here is the death:

Picking stuff up off the ground, didn't press fast pickup so I held down a in order to quickly grab everything only to once it's done selecting everything it opens my skills, selects alchemy, mixes two potions, and suddenly I'm dead.

I know there is lots of ways to prevent this, it really is a stupid death on my part for A. Holding down any button in the game and B. Not using the appropriate key commands. HOWEVER. I wouldn't mind if you were prompted after selecting the potions you want to mix if it gave you a Y/n with a question, "Mix X and Y?" Just to be a tad newby friendly and oldby (been playing since 90s early 2000s somewhere in there) who just do something stupid.

1. Use B instead of A on chars with alchemy to avoid this.
    2. Rebind the skill usage button.

More confirmation steps on something that might need to be spammed just for this single case = annoyance.

There are a couple different ways that you can pick things up. I don't know what keys they are on your mapping (a isn't pickup on mine), but there is a pickup comfortably and pick up quickly (ctrl-p and ; on mine) that you can just to pick up larger stacks of items in one go.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I remember dying to this a few times before I figured out what the hell was going on. I wouldn't mind the feature request; I've hardly ever used Alchemy though so it doesn't affect me. Not sure if any regular alchemists would find the extra prompt irritating?

Actually would a better solution be to introduce a 'pickup all' command?

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    Actually would a better solution be to introduce a 'pickup all' command?
    There already is a 'pickup all' command. It's ; (semicolon). It's listed as "Pick up items primitively" in the keybindings (if you want to change it). Just semicolon and enter to pickup everything.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    There already is a 'pickup all' command. It's ; (semicolon). It's listed as "Pick up items primitively" in the keybindings (if you want to change it). Just semicolon and enter to pickup everything.
    15+ years and I never knew that until now...