Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 1 Troll Barbarian

Default Level 1 Troll Barbarian

What do you wish for?

Puppy cave level 2 has given me a pool and on first sip I get a wish. I've no idea what to do with this boon.

Any ideas?

Find weakness. Great skill for melee character. Alternately red dragon scale or seven league boots will both get you through early game no problem.

"Red dragon scale mails" isn't a bad thing, since it offers fire immunity and lots of PV. Or maybe even some strong weapons like Eternium long swords or swords of sharpness, since it's so early. probably defensive is the way to go.

If it's game breakingly strong weapons you like, go for eternium two handed swords. Or for amazing and durable 1h weapon, maces of destruction.

Thank you guys for your great (and quick) input. RE weapons, I went for heir so I have an OK weapon for early game.

I am lacking armour (obviously, being level one) so may go for red dragon scale.....

Part of me wants to wait for more responses and part of me just wants to get on with the game!

Red dragon scale mails is a very good wish. That PV is just so awesome and fire immunity if one of the best immunities to have in game. You won't regret it. Remember to wish "Red dragon scale mails" with s in the end, you get like 3 of them usually. You can sell extra 2 for lots of gold.

RDSM or eternium two-handed swords.
    PV is important but you will likely find more than enough soon.
    With ~10 PV you're set for the early game, 15 for a relaxing run through UD and CoC.
    Rings of regeneration would also be nice though coupled with trollish food consumption you might run into some satiation problems.
    As for eternium two-hander, it's a very powerful, end-game worthy weapon, completely immune to corrosion, either water or acid based.
    It's difficult to obtain outside of dfg and wishes and you usually get 3 per wish and one might end up with a nice suffix/prefix.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Rings of regeneration would also be nice though coupled with trollish food consumption you might run into some satiation problems.
    Do rings of regeneration increase hunger now?

Anyway, if you want to get some super PV, you can wish for eternium full plate armors, which are typically [-3, +15]. But I agree that getting +11 PV and =Fire from the red dragon scale mail is better in the long run.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Do rings of regeneration increase hunger now?

Anyway, if you want to get some super PV, you can wish for eternium full plate armors, which are typically [-3, +15]. But I agree that getting +11 PV and =Fire from the red dragon scale mail is better in the long run.

Sorry couldn't tell if that was tongue in cheek... So no, it still doesn't increase hunger

And eternium full plate is pretty sweet, mainly because it has a decent chance of prefix or suffix when you wish for it, at least in my experience. I've only had 1 character get 3 plain sets in a wish, the rest of my characters that wished for it (about 5 now) have gotten some kinda enchantment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Sorry couldn't tell if that was tongue in cheek... So no, it still doesn't increase hunger
    It was a real question, so thanks for answering. I was afraid to have missed a possible nerf (when regeneration is already well balanced by its rarity).

And eternium full plate is pretty sweet, mainly because it has a decent chance of prefix or suffix when you wish for it, at least in my experience. I've only had 1 character get 3 plain sets in a wish, the rest of my characters that wished for it (about 5 now) have gotten some kinda enchantment.
    The probabilities of getting a prefix and/or suffix are directly proportional to character level. They're the lowest at level one, but even then they're not zero
    "And light there be!"