Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas and New Year's Eve Challenges?

I will give it a few tries for sure. Christmas challenge I will probably do few days after Christmas, since I'm spending time with family.

New year eve's challenge I probably won't get far. Never played barbarian and I still haven't win the game, so winning game as goal is a bit tough goal for me. But I certainly try it. Might try random dungeon challenge for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    And every time you take a drink in game, you take a drink in real life. And you must drink all the booze you find.
    Holy... I have a 0.5L bottle of Absinthe in my fridge. 80% (or 160 proof if we use the American system).
    Drinking *that* when I find the booze in-game might end up with me not being able to play much longer.
    I might even die.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Holy... I have a 0.5L bottle of Absinthe in my fridge. 80% (or 160 proof if we use the American system).
    Drinking *that* when I find the booze in-game might end up with me not being able to play much longer.
    I might even die.
    Wear an AoLS, you'll be fine.

I'm up for the christmas challenge, I'll try some jedi mind tricks.

Alright, here are some more refined versions of the challenges that I have in mind:

Christmas Eve Challenge:
    Make a dwarf druid/wizard (or any other dwarven class that starts out with a two handed staff).
    Earn nine points by completing any of the following challenges, each of which are one point:
    Give candy to a child in Terinyo AND to a child to Dwarftown.
    Food to a beggar.
    Seed to a farmer.
    Booze to Yggaz.
    Plant a small garden (at least a 2 x 2 square) in the High Mountain Village. (worth two points)
    Get the Weird Tome from the Librarian and give it to the Mad Ministrel (worth two points).
    Give a corpse worth at least 100 coins in bounty to Tywat Pare.
    Save the carpenter and give him two hatchets.
    Give Blup a potion of carrot juice.
    Give Bart the golden gladius.
    Save the tiny girl’s puppy from the puppy cave alive. (worth two points)
    Find an amulet of life saving and save Khelevaster. (worth two points)

New Year's Eve Challenge:
    Dive to the bottom of all six of the random dungeons, in any order. You may also visit Terinyo, Lawentheolil, and VD as far as Jharod. Wilderness encounters should be avoided. If you need a climbing set to access one of the dungeons, you can get the Pyramid one, but you can't kill Rehetep.
    For every other place that you visit (which you must announce the moment that you enter any of them), a special corruption is randomly chosen for your character, which you must abide by for the rest of your mission. Special corruptions are randomly selected from the following pool:
    Seeing as the booze potion in your possession are for celebrating the New Year, you must celebrate the occasion by drinking a booze potion upon the completion of each dungeon. Please post a screenshot as proof of your accomplishment.
    You are limited to carrying a maximum of 2016 gold pieces. Any extra gold pieces that you start out with must be dropped immediately.
    http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...issions-Thread

Please note that to participate, you only have to START the character on the appropriate day and post a notification of it in the thread. (but no clock altering for this). If you are really busy, please feel free to post save files of your character(s) so other people might have a chance to claim it and run the character for themselves (ala RRC). Please note if any of these characters are declared eligible for RRC use, then please keep all claims to a maximum of 4000 turns.

Also, are we going to be using the steam version of ADOM for these challenges, or the last publicly available free version?

Quote Originally Posted by kapak44 View Post
    Also, are we going to be using the steam version of ADOM for these challenges, or the last publicly available free version?
    I think either is fine. I don't think there's any significant changes to the any of the areas of interest between the versions.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yeah either version is fine. I try start a character at christmas eve, but probably won't play it much until 25-27th. Are steam save files possible to transfer between computers? I need to start on my laptop, but I want to transfer to desktop later. I think I have to do couple test runs on druid, I don't think I have played druid in like 5 years or so. Might just pick wizard for the actual challenge, wizard just feels a bit cheating since they are so strong.

New years challenge I can probably do in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    Are steam save files possible to transfer between computers? I need to start on my laptop, but I want to transfer to desktop later.
    I'd like to know this as well. Can someone check on this ASAP?

This might be too late, but a visit to the Ice Queen's Palace seems like it would fit in well.