Thread: Help with auto-centering (bug maybe)?

Default Help with auto-centering (bug maybe)?

I haven't been able to find anything out about this one after a bit of searching:

Whenever I get a scrollable dialog box like the ones in the tutorial, the auto-centering functionality stops working for me. It stops working until I close the game and restart it. Am I missing a key press to get it to start working again? If not, is anyone else having the same problem?

It was reported on Steam somewhere, not sure if we have an RFE for it? Seems important. Though I couldn't reproduce it on Windows in our dev version. Maybe it's fixed already somehow?

On Steam someone mentioned that refreshing the NotEye script helps - though I forget how :X couldn't find it in the NOTEye menu.
    Just a wild guess, but maybe you can also try setting the auto-centering speed:

- ctrl+m,
    - o
    - c
    Press TAB and set it to 100 again.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. I am on Windows 10, running in tile mode, full screen (if you think it might be relevant). It's also worth noting that I lose the auto-centering if I scroll to the edge of the screen. I would expect that behavior, but would expect some way to bring it back. I feel like I might be missing something, but I did look all over the key bindings in the manual and got no luck.

have you tried pressing f10 to go back to ascii mode and then again to get back to tiled mode? it's a pita I know but if it works at all then it's worth using it for the time being?