Thread: Word Match Item Filter

Default Word Match Item Filter

I was browsing old RFEs and I came across this.

It's an excellent idea, posted by Silfir, to let you search your inventory using a keyword. I see many of the regulars commented there, but I never saw it. This has been in the game for like 2 years now, and I never knew. You just press enter in your inventory and you can search for a string of text and find all items with that text in the name ('cursed' or 'key' for example).

This is amazing. Just wanted to let anyone know who didn't see this in the patch notes. I know I've died once or twice because I didn't notice the item in my inventory that could have helped when I looked for it.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

I missed it too. Few weeks ago I noticed the feature and been using it sometimes. Still old habits going thru all my inventory searching something is stuck in my mind, but I'm using this feature more and more.

Adom is huge, so many things that it's not easy to keep up with all new things, features and changes. I probably wasted few hours trying to dip for several RoDS because I found potion and ring shop in my previous victorious game, later at forums I noticed someone mentioning they changed the dip mechanics, so that you can only find 1 RoDS by dipping. *sigh*

Whoa, I've missed it till now! Maybe change the "Text filter" to "Search for item"? Makes it a bit more obvious to me at least, I kinda switched off after seeing the massive string of filter items.

It's pretty great, but it doesn't work with multi-drop (nor do any other filters)

I mainly use it for managing storage stacks. It's mostly only useful if you have so many items in one category it covers multiple pages, otherwise the item type filters are generally faster. It definitely saves time when I'm trying to drop already-ID'd waters or when I need to find specific slaying arrows.