Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does mindcrafter lategame work?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Don't rest for pp recovery. Switch to bows/melee. If you need to use GTkB ASAP, that's why you have gemology skill... Crystals of power

I agree with yhal003, both swords are crap for damage, but I prefer the stat gains from ice queen rather than an awesome sword. +2str,To, and Will are worth more to me than a sword.

FYI Learning does not affect your dmg for tk, it's level. And yes 5 willpower only nets you 1d6 extra, but every little bit counts, it may make it possible to kill that summoner in 3 hits instead of 4, which is a time saver and a life saver. Also, who needs death ray resist as a mindcrafter? Anything that can cast it should be killed from afar with greater tk blast.
    Normally, yeah, I go for stat increases as well. But his best weapon is a toothpick so my recommendation is awesome sword .

While staying out of direct range of the archmage is not that difficult, one mistake without death resist may end this fight prematurely. And, for telekinetic blast use, you have to deal with those eyes first.

Holy cow, 2 Mana, that sounds great!

Not really much to add, but consider smithing your crown and bracers.

Go clean the ice queen domain, there might be some decent artifact weapons in the GV.

Swords of sharpness is not worth a wish IMHO, they are too vulnerable. AoTME is probably the best weapon for a Mindcrafter since pretty much everything is going to be confused anyway. Unfortunately, it's inaccessible for OP now :/

Also, a question - what the heck were you doing for 140k turns? I understand you don't have many wins claimed, but this is a sign for improvement.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

My climbing set broke in the ancient city. It took me ten levels to find another in the tomb of high kings and escape. It was my first time trying the ancient city and I try not to spoil myself on everything. XD

Hard lessons were learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Garresh View Post
    My climbing set broke in the ancient city. It took me ten levels to find another in the tomb of high kings and escape. It was my first time trying the ancient city and I try not to spoil myself on everything. XD

Hard lessons were learned.
    Even with spoilers that place can be pretty hard. I think I have a YASD incoming from a character I have trapped in there with not enough food. I'm pretty fed up with it.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    FYI Learning does not affect your dmg for tk, it's level.
    Huh. Go figure. That section of the manual should be edited to make that clearer. Thanks for the heads up.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Go clean the ice queen domain, there might be some decent artifact weapons in the GV.
    this x100.

IMHO with that weaponry d50 is impossible without digging out the majority of the level. You won't have enough damage to kill the balors.

the GV gives you at least a 50/50 chance of a good weapon, plus if it is dragon then you'll definately get a bunch of eternium, which probably will have a good suffix on them.

The other option would be to do the evil ice queen quests - doesn't that give you a very nice sword of mayhem?
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    Huh. Go figure. That section of the manual should be edited to make that clearer. Thanks for the heads up.
    I made the mistake of thinking it was learning years ago because the formulas symbol is L, but if you look at the manual again you'll see it broken down as character level.

Lol this run is ridiculous. I did 2 of the ice queen quests, and found an adamantium longsword of devastation. Got 3 artifact. The Gauntlets of Eternal Peace, Nature's Friend, and an amulet of +10,+10. I also uh...did not know how defense and protection scrolls worked. I thought they were armor only. With that bit of info I did some shenanigans and pool dived deep in the CoC, then blanked a bunch of scroll. My DV was at like 90+ and PV was at 71, but I got doomed from a pool and on my way to an altar to cleanse it I had my gauntlets and seven league boots get trashed by a greater air elemental. This is an annoying setback, but with everything else I've got I'm feeling pretty strong right now. Also training up my throwing spears skill so I can use the Rune Covered Trident indefinitely vs undead if needed. Nice to have a backup.

So now I'm gonna go grab one of my backup boots, switch to elemental gauntlets again, and train up my mana on the way since it got zeroed out from scroll crafting. or I might use one of my sets again while I'm at zero andd keep maxing as far as I can go before training up my mana by reading spellbook in the wilderness to avoid corruption. EIther way my damage is *significantly* improved and I'm in good shape. I could probably try for a win now but with how many setbacks I've had I'm not taking chances.

Don't get power mad now, there is a time limit to worry about, and you are more than strong enough. You can tackle almost anything with 60/40, so I'd highly recommend finishing. Also, I'm pretty sure things that drain a stat start to drain your potential if it's down to 1.

The other option would be to do the evil ice queen quests - doesn't that give you a very nice sword of mayhem?
    Hateful Eternium scimitar of mayhem, 4d8+15 or so with additional +2d6 on berserk. Pretty sure it's the best guaranteed 1H weapon.

train up my mana on the way since it got zeroed out from scroll crafting
    Remember that Mana is the main attribute that determines your resistance to drain attacks. So if one day you go for special ending don't zero your mana, or you'll be enomoursly screwed.
    Last edited by AlterAsc; 01-28-2016 at 06:11 AM.